how would you get out of this city or would you stay ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's ancedotal ... And nobody is frowning on real life experiences. What is frowned upon is an unrealistic projection of performance and outcome based on past performances and outcomes

So we resort to grammer Nazi?

You are the one that brought up the real life experiences not being to your liking, and how they relate to a post. I'll quote if you like.

I'll quote this though "What is frowned upon is an unrealistic projection of performance and outcome based on past performances and outcomes"

WTF does this mean, and WTH are you talking about?

Other wise, have a nice evening. :kiss:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And youre going to let that stop you?

images3.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20101205003552_halofanon_imagesadf5e0a077bb16f48df76cd11722aea5.gif

Are you shitting me!

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Two things I think about:
1.) If things are "walking dead" bad I got something better waiting for me as soon as I die, I won't just lay down but I won't turn either.
2.) Regarding bunkering in, think back to castle seiging...sometimes it took years to get in, using simular technology a house would only take days if the sieging force was patient, if it's one of those underground bunkers on tv they all have air holes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If things get Walking Dead bad, a lot of folks, especially out east will be dead of radiation poisoning shortly after all of our nuke plants meltdown...Something most TEOTWAWKI folks don't/won't talk about.

I have to spend some time in Cleveland Ohio at the Rockwell Automation facility that is within the immediate fallout area of the the Perry Nuclear power plant.
All people, that live or work in the area within a 25 mile radius are offered kits that include suits, pills, ets. Strictly voluntary.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...and that's just the immediate fallout area. I wonder how widespread the area of harmful contamination would really be.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...and that's just the immediate fallout area. I wonder how widespread the area of harmful contamination would really be.

The immediate fallout area is where they expect any radiation from a faulty valve, pipe rupture, etc, in a high wind to fall.

Should the facility suffer a melt down, the prevailing winds would determine the amount and distance.

Interestingly enough the Perry facility was built for two reactors. Both were built, but only unit 1 was commissioned.

The second unit was mothballed about the same time the Black Fox facility in OK was deep sixed with protests.

I trained on the EHC systems in the 90's, as they were identical to the systems we use in our plant, and weren't being used at that facility.

OOPS! Just violated another rule of this thread!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd give a serious reply to your very legitimate query.

First off, have a definite plan. It can be and should be flexible, but have a plan. If you have a family make sure they're in on it and that everyone knows what to do.

Second, if you decide to book, have a destination in mind that is not already taken. I own land and I would get very upset with squatters.

Third, think of not only what you can get, but also in terms of what you can contribute to a group that you might be a member of, or any landowner who permits you to stay on his property. This can be skills, or supplies.

These are just a few things for you to think about.

Hope this helps.

peace2554

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennishoddy save me some pills please. Oh my question wasn't clear ? My bad. I thought the '?' Would suffice...gueese not. I'm to lazy/don't care enough to go back and proof read but I am on a mobile and yeah it doessuck and typing isn't the easiest but I'm fairly sure although not perfectly punctuated it is readable. That ther typin ain't all right I can't reads it peeples if erryone just do the.typin right and be Malkin the rite dotz n commahs n stuffs then ain't nerbody guarana java aprowbwems please

peace2554

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gerhard1 thanks. Nice response. Everyone else. Myquestions. Not the first question that was my original post!!!! But.....if **** goes south. Why couldn't we all pull together like the nation did in world war two.. why are we all automatically set on the thought that everyone is going to be killing eachother. Why would a shtf/wrol type situation become a civil war/unrest??? And seriously people if you don't understand the question or can't read it just don't anser ok.. this isn't English class kids. Smh

Latest posts

Top Bottom