I feel screwed by OGE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately bills have gotten behind some. So I thought I was current with OGE. I had got the nasty orange bill. I paid it soon after or so though I was caught/catching up. But it appears I was not caught up. So in the middle of last month my power got cut off suddenly in the middle the day and since I work at home and was quite a shock. I called OGE they told me that yes they cut me off with their new nice remote cut off meter. I quickly got on the Internet and I paid up the unpaid balance which was over $300. That cleaned me out for the rest of the week. I had no other money for food or anything else. My power came on 15 minutes later much to my delight. But now this month on this months bill I see not only did I have my normal bill but I'll them another $260 for a so-called deposit of which they will allow me to pay half of it this month. But it still comes down to the fact that I'm almost paying what I paid last month I have to pay the same amount again next month. I've been a customer with them at this address for over 15 years I'm a customer with him for the last probably 18 years. I feel this is really screwing me over. I will call them tomorrow have a discussion with them but I'm not sure exactly what to say I know I could be rude but that definitely won't be productive but I'm not sure where to go with that either.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kindly asking for help often will go a long way. Explain whatever is going on, sometimes it helps, sometimes no. But being rude with make it a short NO.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately bills have gotten behind some. So I thought I was current with OGE. I had got the nasty orange bill. I paid it soon after or so though I was caught/catching up. But it appears I was not caught up. So in the middle of last month my power got cut off suddenly in the middle the day and since I work at home and was quite a shock. I called OGE they told me that yes they cut me off with their new nice remote cut off meter. I quickly got on the Internet and I paid up the unpaid balance which was over $300. That cleaned me out for the rest of the week. I had no other money for food or anything else. My power came on 15 minutes later much to my delight. But now this month on this months bill I see not only did I have my normal bill but I'll them another $260 for a so-called deposit of which they will allow me to pay half of it this month. But it still comes down to the fact that I'm almost paying what I paid last month I have to pay the same amount again next month. I've been a customer with them at this address for over 15 years I'm a customer with him for the last probably 18 years. I feel this is really screwing me over. I will call them tomorrow have a discussion with them but I'm not sure exactly what to say I know I could be rude but that definitely won't be productive but I'm not sure where to go with that either.

They feel screwed too. They fronted you a product they didn't get paid for until they forced their hand. No one likes collecting past due balances.

Maybe you can ask them about options to average your bill and apply for assistance?

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will call them tomorrow have a discussion with them but I'm not sure exactly what to say I know I could be rude but that definitely won't be productive but I'm not sure where to go with that either.

I doubt It'll make any difference Dave. Same thing happened to my son-in-law. Skipped a payment and ignored the warning. He had the money but put off the payment. Boom! One day he was without power. You'll have to pay the 'deposit' (ransom) on your next bill, which you'll get back after paying your bill on time for 12 months. You'll probably be talked to like a deadbeat, so get ready for that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you approach customer service with a good attitude, keeping in mind that not paying your bill generated all of this, the response will be professional.
If its not, ask for a supervisor.
We didn't get the #1 rating for customer service by JD Powers nationwide for treating customers badly.

If you go in with the attitude that you got screwed, you might get some answers that will be more direct and to the point.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OG&E has provided great service for the past 32 years. Ice storms, hot weather you name it. Hope it continues. Maybe average monthly billing will make it easier in the future. Keep in mind that this will reflect on your credit rating.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been there Dave, only pso doesn't have remote on/off, took over 40 hrs to get it turned back on, we simply overlooked the bill in our files, won't be doing that again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom