I feel screwed by OGE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell ya embarrassed in fact emBAREASSed yeah right I did not pay my bill but carp it has been hard and this just makes it harder digging out if the hole.

I feel your pain man ... When GC and I got together we may have had the window to throw the pot out of but I swear we didn't have a pot to piss in ... I "rotated" bills several times and played catch up over several months. I dunno if it will help, but when you call them tell them what got you in the position you are in and ask if they will extend the deposit payments over 3 or 4 months instead of 2 ...

ETA: Be shameless ... If you've been a good, on-time paying customer for XX number of years (put it in months, that way it sounds more impressive :naughty:) point that out to them. If the person on the phone "can't" help you, ask for their supervisor. Make it clear you are not wanting to complain, that you understand they have done all they can do for you and you wish to talk to someone higher up with more authority. Once you get that person on the phone, the first thing you should do is praise the CSR for doing everything they could (even if you don't think they did) ... In case you have to ask for the next in the chain of command ...

I did this when trying to get an insurance company to pay off on a claim several years ago. I finally got somebody who was "Mr. So and So", not "Hello, this is Katie, how may I help you?" and got the answer I was looking (and check) I was looking for. It would have never happened if I had taken an attitude with the folks in the lower-rungs ...
You are in my prayers, sir ...

Last edited:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I feel your Pain Bro, sometimes when you get behind it has that "trickle down" effect.

I've found that running a fairly large extension cord to my neighbors house(he got an all bills paid gig) has reduced my elec bill exponentially.
I have my a/c system along with computers/tv's hooked up this way.
It should be cool enough now that the cord will stop melting ,what a pain to keep replaceing That in the dark.

Anyway, keep your head about you and see if they might spread your deposit around some like BB said.....Good Luck

michaeld

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense but you screwed them

Sorry about your situation but you should have been working with all the people you owed and worked something out.

I've been there - but I called them all and told them how much I could pay now and when I'd pay the rest

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense but you screwed them

Sorry about your situation but you should have been working with all the people you owed and worked something out.

I've been there - but I called them all and told them how much I could pay now and when I'd pay the rest

^^^ This. The folks in collections are looking for commitments, and then you need to keep those commitments. Make a commitment you can live with, and then keep it, and most company's that extend you credit will leave the revenue stream open.

As you've no doubt discovered, ignoring bills when you can't pay them isn't the way to handle these situations.

Saying that to say this, if you've got guns that aren't family heirlooms and can be replaced when you get back on your feet, you might think about selling some of them. I believe luxury items and hobbies need to be put on hold or unloaded when people get in this shape financially. If you've got obligations to creditors, everything but your basic needs should come after you've met those obligations.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lucky they didn't hit you with a big reconnect charge.

This^^

You don't really have anything to complain to them about. You didn't pay your bill, they cut the service. You want service with them again, you're going to have to pay a deposit so they know they'll still get their money if you don't pay again. It sucks, but that's what happens when you don't pay your bills, you're stealing services the company has paid for and provided to you. They have to make their money too, I'd do the same thing if I were them.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
You didn't get screwed and you didn't screw them. You simply got behind and they shut you off until you paid. The automated system added the deposit. I doubt you will get it taken off, but you can probably get it extended an extra month or two if you humble yourself. Been there and done that. Heck, I have been with pso/aep since 1989 with on-time payments. When my wife and I moved into our new house they required a deposit because we were keeping the power on at our old house until it rented out. How's that for loyalty to on-time payers.....

The only way I see you screwing OGE is by moving out without paying your final bill and not leaving a forwarding address.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lucky they didn't hit you with a big reconnect charge.

OH They will.
Boy what a bunch of sour grapes responses, like **** dont happen sometimes.
Sell your stuff? responsibility to creditors ?...pffffttt its the New A merican Way...." get yours before someone else does"

I'm outa this one ...Good Luck to the OP, hope things get better

Kinda like a ballanced budget ya dimocrits

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OH They will.
Boy what a bunch of sour grapes responses, like **** dont happen sometimes.
Sell your stuff? responsibility to creditors ?...pffffttt its the New A merican Way...." get yours before someone else does"

I'm outa this one ...Good Luck to the OP, hope things get better

Kinda like a ballanced budget ya dimocrits

WTF is up with this?

If your not going to be able to pay your bill, be it utilities, or Doctor, TV, Cable, Internet, or whatever, contact them in advance and attempt to make arrangements to pay it.

Thinking that somebody is going to provide a service that you requested, and then you not pay for it without notifying the service is not the way to conduct your personal business.

Businesses are not in business to give their services away.

OP, this is a general statement, and not a reflection on your post.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn people, I'm pretty sure that the OP understands that he screwed up. What happened to letting a guy vent without telling him what a f*cktard he is?

I would like to see OSA set up an account that members contribute to and is distributed to member who fall on hard times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom