I Reported a Company safety issue to DOT and am now on Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in some situations you don't have a choice

in wisconsin if you were a state employee you were forced to pay dues whether you were a member or not.

Yes, that is why most of the south enacted right-to-work laws. I always paid dues in a union shop although it was not a requirement. I simply never cared for the extremely poor services and extreme politics for which I paid. If the unions policed themselves and supported non-communist politics I would be more favorable towards unions.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And your comment reflects a seeming indoctrination by fellow travelers in a communist front organization. You are part of the problem in this country.:hypnotize:

Having said that as a somewhat childish response to an equally childish comment, I base MY comments on participation in two major unions in this country. This was exactly how the unions of which I was a member operated. Your mileage may certainly vary, but I decided that I was better off without the representation of the "leadership" whose sole qualification was that he could marginally clean a lavatory. ;)

Of course, I should have changed my mind when Hoffa, Jr., an obvious tool of the current administration, said that the unions should off people like me. I, in turn, invited him and his fellow tools to my home. I take exception to being threatened by communists. Always have. Must be part of my ignorance.:rolleyes2

BTW, I am leaving the state in order to find a more conducive climate. That should make you feel better.:bighug::bye:

Well... I suprised you would infer that I am a Communist. Who the heck are you, Mc Carthey?

James Hoffa Jr. Not half the man his father was. Does' he want you dead? Probably not- but rhetoric like that makes good copy and gets idiots like him on Fox news. Now... his Dad and others before him... would have been willing to show up at ONEARDMAN's place of employment and walked a picket. That kind of moxie died long ago in this Country.

I always get tickled when people call me names over labor issues. A few months ago someone called me a Nazi....you call me a traveler (half the kids on this forum don't know what that means anyway). So I really wish someone would make up their minds.

Union membership peaked - as war production did- so we could beat those godless Nazis and Commies. Why? Because those who made millions making war would not treat the labor forces fairly. Some of you folks invoke Teddy R... but you should really read about how he checked big business and set a fair table for the working man.... and those laws that stemmed from the progressive era enabled US to beat the Axis.

Not to many years ago....Oklahoma has a fair percentage of active Communists and labor rable rousers.... good for some of you Rugged Individualists that the coal played out.

F

Follow Me

I agree get a lawyer, and I just bet they will run for cover due to the whistleblowers act. Sounds like a supervisor that is in the deep end of the pool.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well... I suprised you would infer that I am a Communist. Who the heck are you, Mc Carthey?

James Hoffa Jr. Not half the man his father was. Does' he want you dead? Probably not- but rhetoric like that makes good copy and gets idiots like him on Fox news. Now... his Dad and others before him... would have been willing to show up at ONEARDMAN's place of employment and walked a picket. That kind of moxie died long ago in this Country.

I always get tickled when people call me names over labor issues. A few months ago someone called me a Nazi....you call me a traveler (half the kids on this forum don't know what that means anyway). So I really wish someone would make up their minds.

Union membership peaked - as war production did- so we could beat those godless Nazis and Commies. Why? Because those who made millions making war would not treat the labor forces fairly. Some of you folks invoke Teddy R... but you should really read about how he checked big business and set a fair table for the working man.... and those laws that stemmed from the progressive era enabled US to beat the Axis.

Not to many years ago....Oklahoma has a fair percentage of active Communists and labor rable rousers.... good for some of you Rugged Individualists that the coal played out.

I wasn't calling anyone names, just adjusting your comments. I will always honor the threat, even if it is a tool like Hoffa Jr. As far as I can tell, history has proven Tail Gunner Joe more right than wrong. It is tough to deny the unions being in bed with the Reds historically. Not sure the US fought the commies during War II (I understood that they, according to FDR, were on the Allies' team), but do know FDR's first VP was a commie and that was why he picked Truman. You are spot-on about TR. He was a Progressive, and was not the Good Roosevelt that everyone likes to portray. Between him and Wilson, they did damage to our freedoms that exist today. Again, did not intend to infer you were a Communist, but history says they are fellow travelers.

I have absolutely no issues with collective bargaining. I just don't understand why anyone would sell either a union or corporation their freedom. I simply don't associate unions with labor.

Legit question: Are unions incorporated as some type of business?

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do not associate unions with labor... maybe it's just because you dont understand what labor and capitol are?

Unions are not "business" per se'... they are entities. I can tell you they are about the most regulated organizations in the US. The Federal audits alone are tough. We hear about union officials with the hand in the jar. That's about the dumbest crime every....you will get caught.

You have said twice that your OK with collective bargaining. In the US... you have to have a Union to do so. The Union is the "collective"

This poor guy is going alone for doing the right thing. In my experience... a good union shop would have put a stop to the safety problems long ago. Now we have a man who will dig into his own pocket to hire some one to fight for his job- that the law says he should not loose for what he's done.
My union dues in 10 years won't come close to what this guy will pay out of pocket to take a beating over this DOT violation.

You say you have been a member of 2 Unions. If those were the UAW and a another I dont care to mention... I can see how you may have a bad taste... for reasons I won't expound on other to say... they have become part of the problem as much as the businesses that hire the members.

We fought the Reds till the wall came down buddy.... and lot's of union labor went into the arms that finally prevailed (mutually assured destruction - Look for the Union Label:thumb:)

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do not associate unions with labor... maybe it's just because you dont understand what labor and capitol are?

Unions are not "business" per se'... they are entities. I can tell you they are about the most regulated organizations in the US. The Federal audits alone are tough. We hear about union officials with the hand in the jar. That's about the dumbest crime every....you will get caught.

You have said twice that your OK with collective bargaining. In the US... you have to have a Union to do so. The Union is the "collective"

This poor guy is going alone for doing the right thing. In my experience... a good union shop would have put a stop to the safety problems long ago. Now we have a man who will dig into his own pocket to hire some one to fight for his job- that the law says he should not loose for what he's done.
My union dues in 10 years won't come close to what this guy will pay out of pocket to take a beating over this DOT violation.

You say you have been a member of 2 Unions. If those were the UAW and a another I dont care to mention... I can see how you may have a bad taste... for reasons I won't expound on other to say... they have become part of the problem as much as the businesses that hire the members.

We fought the Reds till the wall came down buddy.... and lot's of union labor went into the arms that finally prevailed (mutually assured destruction - Look for the Union Label:thumb:)

Actually, I do understand the definition of both, and at least the term capitalism is most familiarly associated with the famous work "Das Kapital". This may also be the source of the popular use of labor, but it has been an long time since i read the book.

The term entity is used to describe many things, but I am uncertain as to it's legal usage. I will concede this point.

Actually, the Railway Labor Act allows the formation of a Collective Bargaining Unit without the use of a pre-existing Union. Which came first, collective bargaining or unions? Chicken or egg? Also, the term "collective" is an extremely popular term with Communist organizations. See Soviet Collectivization.

Yes, one of those was, in fact, the UAW. I agree. And I will decline the opportunity to name the other. Alas, as they say, twice burned.....

No argument about the person with the issue. I personally think he is owed compensation from both the company and the government regulator. As I recall, the creation of this particular group of government regulators was heavily supported by unions, both directly and through their unwavering support of the Democratic Party.

'Fighting' the Reds in a nationalistic manner, at least in this country, does not preclude the fact that many, if not most, of the earliest history of unions is rife with Communist association, influence, and doctrine.

And yes, at one time, the Union Label was the benchmark for quality goods in this country. Unfortunately, that started downhill sometime in the 70's. Ironically, just about the same time the Communist influence really took root in the US.

Systems evolve. The union system seems to be evolving itself out of existence. There was a time when I was encouraged to hear that the AMFA was going to be the union of the future. Sadly, it was ruined by the union itself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom