I Reported a Company safety issue to DOT and am now on Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That comment reflects an ignorant mentality. You, are part of the problem in this state.

And your comment reflects a seeming indoctrination by fellow travelers in a communist front organization. You are part of the problem in this country.:hypnotize:

Having said that as a somewhat childish response to an equally childish comment, I base MY comments on participation in two major unions in this country. This was exactly how the unions of which I was a member operated. Your mileage may certainly vary, but I decided that I was better off without the representation of the "leadership" whose sole qualification was that he could marginally clean a lavatory. ;)

Of course, I should have changed my mind when Hoffa, Jr., an obvious tool of the current administration, said that the unions should off people like me. I, in turn, invited him and his fellow tools to my home. I take exception to being threatened by communists. Always have. Must be part of my ignorance.:rolleyes2

BTW, I am leaving the state in order to find a more conducive climate. That should make you feel better.:bighug::bye:

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Souns to me that the company may have violated the OSHA Act Section 11C.

Section 11(c) provides in general that no person shall discharge or in any manner discriminate against any employee because the employee has: (a) Filed any complaint under or related to the Act; (b) Instituted or caused to be instituted any proceeding under or related to the Act; (c) Testified or is about to testify in any proceeding under the Act or related to the Act; or (d) Exercised on his own behalf or on behalf of others any right afforded by the Act. Any employee who believes that he has been discriminated against in violation of section 11(c) of the Act may, within 30 days after such violation occurs, lodge a complaint with the Secretary of Labor alleging such violation. The Secretary shall then cause appropriate investigation to be made. If, as a result of such investigation, the Secretary determines that the provisions of section 11(c) have been violated civil action may be instituted in any appropriate United States district court, to restrain violations of section 11(c)(1) and to obtain other appropriate relief, including rehiring or reinstatement of the employee to his former position with back pay. Section 11(c) further provides for notification of complainants by the Secretary of determinations made pursuant to their complaints.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
You get it. Unfortunately, as I said in my earlier post, most people here do not. They never think anything bad will happen to them. They never think they will be the "other guy.". Keep drinking the Insurance company koolaid. You have nothing to lose but your rights...

THIS is the best protction...rules.....but spit in the wrong direction, (or add anything you want in here) can be grounds for dismissal.
These resaons are Why we need the Unions...Bad Employers. Yeah I know some Bad Employees get through too, but I prefer to err on the side of the little guy. UNTED WE STAND
DIVIDED WE DO AS WERE TOLD
Ill be standing , Thank You

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a hours-of-service issue. One I had complained about many times.
There is plenty of other truck work out there, but OTR is no-go until 16yr-old is out of HS. I got out of trucking from 12/2008 til Aug this year. The current standard for CDL experience is 6-12 mo in the last 3 years. Any experience before that is not counted for initial qualification. That puts me at a serious disadvantage, as if I'm a rookie all over again.
;).....

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THIS is the best protction...rules.....but spit in the wrong direction, (or add anything you want in here) can be grounds for dismissal.
These resaons are Why we need the Unions...Bad Employers. Yeah I know some Bad Employees get through too, but I prefer to err on the side of the little guy. UNTED WE STAND
DIVIDED WE DO AS WERE TOLD
Ill be standing , Thank You

If you feel like you need collective bargaining to deal with an employer, then consider forming your own union or guild. Why pay another company, and, yes, a union is a company, to collect your money and perform marginal service? If the employees dues went toward retaining a labor attorney that, to me, makes more sense than giving your money to someone like Hoffa.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you feel like you need collective bargaining to deal with an employer, then consider forming your own union or guild. Why pay another company, and, yes, a union is a company, to collect your money and perform marginal service? If the employees dues went toward retaining a labor attorney that, to me, makes more sense than giving your money to someone like Hoffa.

in some situations you don't have a choice

in wisconsin if you were a state employee you were forced to pay dues whether you were a member or not.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not getting into this Ignorance....Comment Removed....Hoffa's dead or at least missing for a looong time

I am not trying to stir the pot here, and this is an honest question. I am absolutely good with collective bargaining, but obviously not a fan of most unions, so I am uncertain of this info.

Isn't James Hoffa, son of the disappeared one, current president of the Teamster's Union?

Latest posts

Top Bottom