I wish we could have these in North America…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must be missing something - to me these things are uggg-a-lee. I am more in favor of the 60's & 70's look. These things - buy a truck, take the body off, slap on a big-o-Amazon box and fiberglass it and you will have yourself one very similar. :giveup:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not allowed in the usa... our high standard of living is going to break some day? Why can't ford or chevy just make a 1970 model pickup again

Safety standards I think
That and CAFE standards. First the gov't says you have to make it heavier to make sure it protects the occupants, whether they want it or not, then they say you have to make it more fuel efficient.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must be missing something - to me these things are uggg-a-lee. I am more in favor of the 60's & 70's look. These things - buy a truck, take the body off, slap on a big-o-Amazon box and fiberglass it and you will have yourself one very similar. :giveup:
There's beauty in simplicity and functionality. While I do like nice cars and have had some really nice ones, I would drive a cardboard box if it had a flawless reliability record, acomfy seat, a good heater, and it did everything I wanted it to do.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its been a long time since I looked into vehicle importing and such.... what would prevent one from bringing a few of these from mexico and registering them as kit cars or homebuilt with the dopes at the DMV?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see a workaround. They need to import these as ATVs, utility work vehicles for the farm or what not. Make it where we have to add the rearview mirrors, side mirrors, and brake lights. Sell all that extra as a kit.

The Mahindra Roxer was pretty much an old CJ5 imported as an ATV that could be made street legal. They had to change the grill because of some BS patent that should be expired so now they look ugly. But when they first came in, they looked just like a jeep. Then they made a grill where it looked like a Toyota Land Rover. Now it’s hideous.

But my point is, there’s possibly a workaround. So it is some farm exempt form of farm off road equipment.

Last edited:

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's beauty in simplicity and functionality. While I do like nice cars and have had some really nice ones, I would drive a cardboard box if it had a flawless reliability record, acomfy seat, a good heater, and it did everything I wanted it to do.
I agree - give it to me and I'll drive it, but that does not make them appealing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom