I wish we could have these in North America…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want one of these instead.

1701015372803.jpeg

https://www.globalsuzuki.com/automobile/lineup/jimny/

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are cool… but.

Looks difficult to fit a sheet of plywood in or any substantial length of lumber.
Agree. Definitely for different purposes. I do miss the cheap old Datsun and early Toyota pickups that were basically stripper trucks with AC as only the only option. Great little trucks to run around in and bomb down dirt/gravel roads as a kid.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Toyota HYLUX Diesel has been sold all over the world for years. Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Europe, Africa…., but the EPA has put pressure on Toyota to restrict imports to the USA through high tariffs to satisfy the interests of Green Environmentalist Activists and, if the truth be known, U.S. Automakers and Dealers who know what’s best for us.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chicken tax, 25% import tax on light trucks in 1963. A retaliation on some European countries import tax on chickens, not a big conspiracy.
Yep, and it doesn’t discriminate based on where the company is located. Ford ran into this with the Transit Connect (their FWD commercial minivan), which was built in Europe as a retail “wagon” with multi-row seating and glass side windows. When they got it to the States, they would take out the extra seats and replace the glass side windows with metal panels and sell it as a commercial vehicle in an attempt to work around the Chicken Tax. Ford lost that battle in court and ended up paying a hefty fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom