If this won't raise hell I don't know what will.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a glock.

Now get a real mans gun. You'll be much happier.

[Broken External Image]

"Get rid of that nickel-plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock!" (Or...save/scrounge/beg and have the purty one and the one that works all the time every time).

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911s I've owned:
4 springfield (9mm, 2 gov't, and 1 champion)
1 smith & wesson (gov't)
2 rock island (both gov't)
1 colt (gov't)

I've replaced the springs in some and have always used 8rd power mags, so I've never had a single malfunction in one of them. In that old colt (made in the 20s) I even shot semi-wadcutters in it trying to make it jam and it never did. 2 of the springfrields came with buffers and I removed them. I try to keep the gun to as original JMB design as possible. Maybe that's the key to having great pistols that always run. Even the cheapo RIA 1911s ran just fine so it's not like you've got to pay over $1k to get one that's reliable.

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned about 2 dozen guns, but never a cf autoloader pistol. I'm curious, just from what I've read, do all the 1911's & offshoots have to be carried hammer down and thumb cocked, or carried Cooper-style? Are any true DA?

Latest posts

Top Bottom