If this won't raise hell I don't know what will.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a time and a place for each gun. I would hardly say a 1911 is better than a glock, nor could I say a glock is better than a 1911 (insert whatever brand you want here). They are 2 completely different guns with two completely different roles. If these guns are competing to fill a nitche in your safe/holster, you need to re-evaluate what the intended uses are.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a time and a place for each gun. I would hardly say a 1911 is better than a glock, nor could I say a glock is better than a 1911 (insert whatever brand you want here). They are 2 completely different guns with two completely different roles. If these guns are competing to fill a nitche in your safe/holster, you need to re-evaluate what the intended uses are.

Exactly! 1911's are what you show your friends...Glocks are what you show your enemies. ;)

But if you want one that will fire every time you pull the trigger, you want a Smith & Wesson revolver. :sunbath:

And yes...I own all three. Imagine the decision I hafta make getting dressed every morning! :lookaroun

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly! 1911's are what you show your friends...Glocks are what you show your enemies. ;)

But if you want one that will fire every time you pull the trigger, you want a Smith & Wesson revolver. :sunbath:

And yes...I own all three. Imagine the decision I hafta make getting dressed every morning! :lookaroun

If I can find that perfect S&W wheelie,... Ill be joining you. ;) :hey3: ;)

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:boxing3: :boxing3: :boxing3: :nutkick: :smash: :buttkick: :brick: :musketeers: :popcorn:

If you had a P220, there would be no disagreements!!! :thumbup3: :thumbup3:

I carried one with the PD, not a bad gun, I like the simple take-down.

We've all seen you try to make a decision... it's a wonder you're still married! :)

But, I believe that any gun worth having covers all three of your above statements, else it's not worthy of keeping around. :)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I can find that perfect S&W wheelie,... Ill be joining you. ;) :hey3: ;)

Well, for a BUG, the absolute perfect wheelie, IMO, is my "vintage" (1985 model) Smith & Wesson model 38 no dash, Airweight Bodyguard. It's the very best gun I've ever owned.

Like a dipshit, I let it slip away in a moment of weakness. Luckily, one of our members here rescued it for me and it is in my pocket as we speak.

Thanks Jimmy! :bighug:

A short snouted K frame is always a good choice for a carry revolver, but lately, I've got an N frame itch for some reason. :rolleyes2

We've all seen you try to make a decision... it's a wonder you're still married! :)

HA! :laughup: That's what Mrs GED always says too! :pms2:

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get a 1911 and sell the glock you'll have to start cleaning by hand. On the up side however your wife will be happy to have her dishwasher back:)

Yes I actually know of a couple people that have used their dishwasher to clean glocks.....:buttkick:

Honestly though, I just got rid of my 1911 to go try out something new. I believe everyone that appreciates guns and shooting should have at least one and be well versed with it. The 1911 is an incredible firearm and endlessly improvable. The best way I can put it is, it's the small block Chevy of the gun world. Excellent performance, cheap to build on, and undisputed ability.

just my .02

Latest posts

Top Bottom