If this won't raise hell I don't know what will.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry,don't see it,had at least a dozen all major brands.I just can't love a gun that's pretty but won't go bang everytime I pull the trigger.So drink that 1911 kool-aid and have fun.

I'm sitting at 2200 rounds through my 1911 after shooting a competition with it this weekend... and NEVER had a malfunction.

The .45 I just built hasn't had one either, but it's only had 100 through it so far... didn't even need broken in.

:)

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm at about 2500 in my Colt with no problems. I'm at 3000 with my Springfield, not a hiccup. My Glock rides in the truck, gets carried around a bit, and has about 300 rounds down the pipe.

I would shoot it more, but the kool aid is good. Come on, have a cup!

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy the Black Stainless Target ASAP! Keep the Glock. As I grow older I have come to the conclusion that you should never sell a gun unless it is totally defective or you are in dire financial circumstances (i.e. someone will die for lack of these critical funds).
Cannot have too many guns, in today's world they are a great investment too.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm at about 2500 in my Colt with no problems. I'm at 3000 with my Springfield, not a hiccup. My Glock rides in the truck, gets carried around a bit, and has about 300 rounds down the pipe.

I would shoot it more, but the kool aid is good. Come on, have a cup!

I've had many many cups and they all turned out bitter.They have always been accurate but tight groups are trumped by malfunctions.I really don't care whether someone else has had xxxx# of rounds,I can only tell you that I've had Colt,S&W,Springfield,various custom ones,and Kimbers and not ONE of them passed my reliability test.I will probably own one again someday for a range or BBQ gun,but it will have to be a Wilson or Nighthawk,they seem to have figured it out but at $2500+,I don't know.I could buy 2 Glocks and a top shelf AR for that. :D

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep they will go Kaboom.

ai479.photobucket.com_albums_rr156_anm2_man_photos_Misc_AMTkaboom1.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Double charges happen....

Unsupported barrels however and glock's refusal to acknowledge it, does kinda spoil the Koolaid. :D

Then you have all the "upgrades" :rollingla Not saying glocks are bad, I'm saying they've gone through their fair share of reliability problems due to bad designs from Glock. If they don't deviate from their original 9mm platform they are wonderful. They have had several problems in platforms, errr... "upgrades" in .40 and .45 though. That being said I've never had any problems with my G30SF but it does rub the trigger bar like you see posted all over the net. I polished it up a bit, so it works fine.

Just like with the 1911, the further you deviate from the original design, the more problems you will have.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had many many cups and they all turned out bitter.They have always been accurate but tight groups are trumped by malfunctions.I really don't care whether someone else has had xxxx# of rounds,I can only tell you that I've had Colt,S&W,Springfield,various custom ones,and Kimbers and not ONE of them passed my reliability test.I will probably own one again someday for a range or BBQ gun,but it will have to be a Wilson or Nighthawk,they seem to have figured it out but at $2500+,I don't know.I could buy 2 Glocks and a top shelf AR for that. :D
Yeah, but you're still stuck with two POS's and an AR. :)

What is your reliability test? Personally, mine is 100%, NO MALFUNCTIONS.

Reaction score
Sell now or sell later - doesn't matter. But if you get the 1911 without selling first, you won't be able to sell that plastic crap fast enough to suit you, not so much to fund your first or other 1911s - just because you'll understand at that point quite clearly what quality is, and what sloppy, poorly-fitted plastic junk is, and won't want to be tainted by owning the latter. Same result if you but a Sig Classic, CZ, or BHP. Heck, even a Bersa or Taurus will make you dump Glocks. :P :eek: :P

Unsupported barrels however and glock's refusal to acknowledge it, does kinda spoil the Koolaid.

Well all makers' bbls are unsupported to varying degrees, but true, Glocks are one of the "worst" in that area. - But not to mention.... plastic guide rods, plastic sights, (mostly) plastic, sloppily-fitting mags, poor ergos, blocky construction, etc.

redmax, you must have the worst luck in the world. Every 1911 I've had (Springfield, Wilson, & Multiple Kimbers) has been extremely reliable - JUST like all the glocks I had - no more or less - they ALL jam every now and then, on rare occasion.

I should say, extremely reliable *until I started *(&%(*^ing with them* - when you change out the spring or other standard part, then sure you're screwing up the tried and true balance known and instilled into the weapon by the maker. The 1911 Springfield with a too-heavy recoil spring jammed just as often as a Glock with a too-heavy spring. But the .400 Corbon glock - that thing was a jamming nightmare. Again, leave them alone and they ALL run, from a modern, quality maker. Screw with them and change the factory specs, and you'll probably have issues. Lightened mainsprings can lead to light strikes, etc.

The foregoing is merely my opinion, YMMV, and all that. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom