I'm gonna buy a 22lr pistol, what should I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should my next 22lr pistol be?

• Taurus PT 22

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Berretta Neos 22

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • S&W 22a

Votes: 33 71.7%

• Total voters

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should forget the reviews of guns,,,
And don't listen too much to recommendations either.

Go to the gun stores and hold them in your hand,,,
The one that fits you best is the one you should buy.

The following guns are all very high quality,,,
The arguments about which is best could go on forever.

Browning Buckmark - Great gun with a funky (to me) grip.
S&W 22A - Great gun with a really fat grip.
Beretta NEOS - Great gun with a very slender grip.
Ruger Mk II or Mark III - Great gun with a "Luger-like" grip.
Ruger Mk II or Mk III model 22/45 - Great gun with a "Colt 1911-like" grip.

This is one of my favorite things to say to whether it's a talk of caliber of brand. Some people are Glockers, some are not. I don't bash on those that love them, but I'm a Beretta man. Same thing applies here. Out of the choices above, I am a SW22a type of person, but it's really going to be what you want to use it for versus how it feels that should ultimately decide the argument.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
either of these would be nice.

ai539.photobucket.com_albums_ff352_BuddyL_01_DSCF1165.jpg

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my proplem I started this poll about $250 or less pistols and half of these replies are about $400-$1000 pistols. If I were to buy the Browning it would have to be the 7.25 contour urx which is about $450 now i have to consider other $450 pistols. Anybody ever shot a Walther sp22?

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my proplem I started this poll about $250 or less pistols and half of these replies are about $400-$1000 pistols. If I were to buy the Browning it would have to be the 7.25 contour urx which is about $450 now i have to consider other $450 pistols. Anybody ever shot a Walther sp22?

I have a brand new S&W 22 A with the BBL and target grips that I had in the classifieds a few weeks back. I still have it available, but don't want to try to sell in this thread.

Leggett71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since this is an opinion poll --- In my opinion the only good auto 22 S&W makes is the 41. For an inexpensive dependable shooter I have 3 Rugers target grades and they all are top notch reliable. Not impressed by any of your original poll options. Brother has a buckmark and from the feedback he gives it would be an good option.

Good Luck on your choice.

Leggett 71

Latest posts

Top Bottom