Interest in sponsoring a Deer hunting drawing for those never taken one in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please don't take this too critical. Seem kind of sensitive. I'm of the opinion only help those that help themselves. Maybe you should of asked for tips first and give it a honest go with all the good advice here first. If that didn't work maybe by next yr. maybe you would of built a few relationships here someone would let you tag along and get firsthand experience. Guilting people is not the way to go about it.
I am making a point about culture snd this forum and communication misintrepretation and infrence here but as usual nearly everyone has missed it. But it is badly normal accepted human factors nowm To give one glaring example of comparison to what seems to be happening here:
My father who is very intelligent was nearly deaf but always assumed the worst possible thing one could put together only hearing part syllables or a couple of words without ever (rarely) asking ctitical clarifying questions in proper and diligent (what we deem as (un)common good manners) attempt to accurately and completely understand. This caused everyone to quit talking with /asking him things or marginalized relationships.
Hence my observations for over a year:

If any body posts say a question about technical stuff then there are low to miderate traffic but excellent answers provided by good hearted/ minded / intended folks here with almost no or minimal but understandable quickly corrected missing the point or assuming something not specifically stated.
BUT...drumroll...when this very apparently seemingly stingily or uncomfortable zone, spoken of topic of hunting, spots and one trying to improve associated seemingly mystical skill, knowledge, ect is seemingly infriged upon at any cost or effort to you or like minded folks all heck breaks loose as noted in this thread. Folks (high % of) get defensive or rather go on offense /warpath insulting one as to discourage them because some are seemingly superior and proud and "you need to do what I did ..ect" or even worse like a pack of hungry dogs chew on the OP without ever knowing even close to a fraction of the facts or situation. I really do not think that is the image this forum wants to project but it happening. There are many wiser people not willing to expose themselves to that much abuse that never join. I debated it (joining) a long time due to a range of similar issues.
My apology to those good folks who really did not mean exactly what was written as its translated easily a few ways incorrectly like the dry humor. One of the most frustrating part that set me off was during my narrow planning and coordinating windows waiting on a PM from someone joking about a spot he was hunting. On top of this my youngest son and I have been very ill lately and my skin is just not so thick when ill. Try coordinating a hunt to one of three new spots with three (brain dead teens or just being difficult cause they are fighting same bug) one of which is developmentally on the edge of disability and a 2nd non fuctional reader but motivated to work however moody), your breech plug got lost when your best son cleaned it then went back to school in Tahelaquah and is not awake most hours you are and to top it off you breech plug wrench came up missing this season. Yes, I have been spitting mad and other things lately. Would you be? We have enough problems with being picked on. Oh did I mention the optic fiasco added in. Nah too much detail you all really do not care. It just sooo easy to pick on someone seemingly weaker than really help as that is our culture now. Sad, so sad. But do not take it personal surely it is all completely my fault... Another thread needed for that one. I just am lookng at the ground I guess them deer are stopping and looking at me.... me not descenting or ozoning my gear, on and on....
Well put. Especially a month into deer season....
Pile on...:-(

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for your misfortune and luck. At least 7 OSA members who regularly contribute in the hunting/fishing discussion gave up 4 days (or more) of there lives recently to be part of taking 59 children and 59 parent/guardian from non hunting homes deer hunting during Oklahoma Youth Deer Season. Selfish is not a word used to describe any of them.

I will be first to say, your original post (quoted in my first reply) came across kinda demanding. Maybe I misunderstood the intention, but it appeared to me, you were demanding. I do not have some kind of lodging available, with running water, bathroom and shower. I do not have 300 acres or more with at least 10 stands and multiple feeders and food plots.

The demands you lay out, as far as lodging, meals, number of stands, feeders, food plots, and proof of deer population with dated game cam photos emailed is going to leave a sour taste in most peoples mouths.

Last edited:

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not have some kind of lodging available, with running water, bathroom and shower. I do not have 300 acres or more with at least 10 stands and multiple feeders and food plots.

The demands you lay out, as far as lodging, meals, number of stands, feeders, food plots, and proof of deer population with dated game cam photos emailed is going to leave a sour taste in most peoples mouths.

I got a chuckle out of this....

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone has problems. How you handke those problems determines what kind of life you live. Sounds like you are a victim who is always getting the raw deal. There is a lot of public land in this state. Go to one of these places, walk farther than others walk, look for deer sign, sit next to a tree where you can see a little ways, and be still and quiet. Being still and quiet is the most important part.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn dude..... I was gonna post something probably mean and what would be considered piling on.... But I am not gonna do that cause I don't know you or your situation, but I think you are trolling and just trying to get a rise out of folks, in that regard, you have succeeded to a point. Now.... Could you please go back to wherever you were posting before and leave us alone? Thanks....

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for your misfortune and luck. At least 7 OSA members who regularly contribute in the hunting/fishing discussion gave up 4 days (or more) of there lives recently to be part of taking 59 children and 59 parent/guardian from non hunting homes deer hunting during Oklahoma Youth Deer Season. Selfish is not a word used to describe any of them.

I will be first to say, your original post (quoted in my first reply) came across kinda demanding. Maybe I misunderstood the intention, but it appeared to me, you were demanding. I do not have some kind of lodging available, with running water, bathroom and shower. I do not have 300 acres or more with at least 10 stands and multiple feeders and food plots.

For the 6th or lost count, time. The OP was merely a target goal list with ... wait for it... merely suggestions .(yes that word was there not demand or any other word I am being falsely accused of)..for the lottery for someone freaking else'es benefit never/ not ME or my family or my buddies. For some weird reason listing lofty goals and standards get lots if folks riled and is mistaken for demands. Those suggestions were taken from commercial hunts available in OK if we had a wealthy benefactor involved which seems far from the case which is fine. The demands were never there but certainly percieved. Not sure why so many read stuff between the lines like that but its there and spreading like ebola in Africa. Now people are stating they hate me because one was shooting high, so to speak goal wise, in a suggested or lofty idea mode... who will never know me. I do not believe in treating folks that way on this kind of post however have seen some on BYC....

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never thought I'd see the day someone was on here panhandling for someone's deer lease.
The only thing I actually ever asked for myself was if anyone had day leases for inexpensive to purchase. But now I find the back lash of being misunderstood to a very high degree to much crap to wade through and have a very bitter taste in my mouth regarding anyone who would be here offering who have posted so harshly. I needed some encouragement and got lashed and hated. Thanks IIOSA.

The few folks who did try to help again thank you from the bottom of my heart.
One rarely gets anything without asking. But keep on asking here and get beat down repeatedly for something you really never asked for to begin with. Geesss. Wish I never heard of OSA now.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Less talkin and start planning n prepping for your next hunt. Can't kill a deer if ur not prepared and in woods.

You should be studying Google earth. With today's technology you can do a ton of prescouting. In past I've even found a tree to hang a stand or set up a blind. And never got off sofa.

I gave you a great location, short drive, very easy access, easy to find on maps or Google earth. Have you checked it out yet?? Done any research? How bout starting a "I'm hunting cherokee" thread?

Man you better get busy if you really wanna kill a deer.

Once ur in ur stand and actually hunting, then ya can play on OSA.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Less talkin and start planning n prepping for your next hunt. Can't kill a deer if ur not prepared and in woods.

You should be studying Google earth. With today's technology you can do a ton of prescouting. In past I've even found a tree to hang a stand or set up a blind. And never got off sofa.

I gave you a great location, short drive, very easy access, easy to find on maps or Google earth. Have you checked it out yet?? Done any research? How bout starting a "I'm hunting cherokee" thread?

Man you better get busy if you really wanna kill a deer.

Once ur in ur stand and actually hunting, then ya can play on OSA.

Thank you for the excellent spot, I am thinking about heading there this weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom