Interesting OC Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a snip from CLEET handout #1. This handout that is required to be given out for every student. This material is not in the SDA booklet.

Deadly Force Summary Handout #1 *
NEVER POINT OR SHOOT YOUR GUN AT A PERSON UNLESS:
Your life is in danger at that moment;
The life of your mother, father, husband, wife, child, employee or employer is threatened at that moment;
Your home is invaded and you believe the person will harm you or another person in your home;
Only the use of your gun could STOP THE HARM OR INJURY.

Our interpretation of this is as followed. You can only protect someone you have a relationship with. Do not use deadly force if you do not know the people involved. You may not know who the actual bad guy is and end up helping the scumbag.

The old law used to read this way. Apparently CLEET has never updated this handout. Either that they want people to always err on the side of caution and this is a good way to enforce that. Most people won't go back and re-read or keep up with the law.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OC is starting to take off. My wife and I were both CC at Home Depot last weekend and saw two guys OC while we were there. I've only seen one other OC before, at any location.
I'm not sure that they got any better service but I did observe how a clerk interacted with one of the OC guys at checkout. I think he went out of his way to be friendly with the OC guy. Very interesting indeed.

I'm still way on the fence. I don't want to give up the "tactical advantage" but OC just seems a more convenient. It is nice though, not to have to worry about printing.
It was nice to see the OC, at least in our opinions.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...and I still have not seen a single person OC. Oddly enough I have seen several people CC'ing in the same time frame.

I only OC'd one time. Nobody even noticed. Oh well I'll wear a pink holster next time.

@toehanus

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a guy at the post office OC/CC yesterday :) He had his shirt untucked but the bottom of the holster clearly showed. Thats the beauty of Open Carry laws. You have so many options and you dont have to sweat the print.

When my wife came to me wondering about open carry law coming into effect and what it meant, I just told her...Once youre licensed, It just means it got a whole lot easier for folks to carry their firearm...not that everyone is going to go all John Wayne but people wont have to constantly worry about printing. But I told her don't expect to see a bunch of people openly carrying due to the tactical advantage of CC. Thanks Oklahoma!

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...and I still have not seen a single person OC. Oddly enough I have seen several people CC'ing in the same time frame.

I only OC'd one time. Nobody even noticed. Oh well I'll wear a pink holster next time.

@toehanus
If you ask nice, my wife might let you borrow hers. :)

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to know for sure. I didnt take mine in.
No gunbuster signs but I didnt risk it. And I only saw the bottom of his holster. Couldn't tell if the gun was in it or not due to his shirt covering the top part.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. Good to know for sure.
I didnt stare the guy down to check for a print or anything but I KNOW that was a holster. None of the clerks said a word about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom