Interesting OC Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and Rebalracer got thanked at Taco Bell in Owasso today for carrying. He was open owb with his Stainless Kimber with his shirt tucked in, I was OWB but had my shirt over it (printing bad lol)
The other customers thanked us for taking the responsibility to protect everyone in there!

Funny you bring that up. Friday I seen the first OC'er i'd ever seen in claremore QT. Carrying a Stainless 1911. I wonder if that was him.

B1rd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and Rebalracer got thanked at Taco Bell in Owasso today for carrying. He was open owb with his Stainless Kimber with his shirt tucked in, I was OWB but had my shirt over it (printing bad lol)
The other customers thanked us for taking the responsibility to protect everyone in there!

If I remember correctly we are not legally able to protect any one other than immediate family (parents or children, not even Grandchildren) according to Oklahoma law.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One way to potentially bolster your theory is go back in there OC'ing again and buy something else. Anything, even if it's something you dont need. Walk back in and return it 5 minutes later. If anyone asks, say you are doing an experiment.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly we are not legally able to protect any one other than immediate family (parents or children, not even Grandchildren) according to Oklahoma law.

That's another one of those false interpretations used in the course.

Not recommended unless you're absolutely positive about the situation.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You are allowed to protect anyone who would be able to use deadly force if they were able. However if you do, you step into their shoes and take on all the problems of the situation.

Title 21 said:
D. A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

B1rd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are allowed to protect anyone who would be able to use deadly force if they were able. However if you do, you step into their shoes and take on all the problems of the situation.

I sit at my desk corrected. I remember this being brought up in my class, guess the instructor had it wrong. Of course anytime someone is threatening someone near me, I could suppose I would be next in the "hit" line.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sit at my desk corrected. I remember this being brought up in my class, guess the instructor had it wrong. Of course anytime someone is threatening someone near me, I could suppose I would be next in the "hit" line.

It might also be that way in the instructor's book (I don't know because I don't have one). I know of several discussions, including one here on LEO notification, about inaccuracies in there.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a snip from CLEET handout #1. This handout that is required to be given out for every student. This material is not in the SDA booklet.

Deadly Force Summary Handout #1 *
NEVER POINT OR SHOOT YOUR GUN AT A PERSON UNLESS:
Your life is in danger at that moment;
The life of your mother, father, husband, wife, child, employee or employer is threatened at that moment;
Your home is invaded and you believe the person will harm you or another person in your home;
Only the use of your gun could STOP THE HARM OR INJURY.

Our interpretation of this is as followed. You can only protect someone you have a relationship with. Do not use deadly force if you do not know the people involved. You may not know who the actual bad guy is and end up helping the scumbag.

B1rd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a snip from CLEET handout #1. This handout that is required to be given out for every student. This material is not in the SDA booklet.

Deadly Force Summary Handout #1 *
NEVER POINT OR SHOOT YOUR GUN AT A PERSON UNLESS:
Your life is in danger at that moment;
The life of your mother, father, husband, wife, child, employee or employer is threatened at that moment;
Your home is invaded and you believe the person will harm you or another person in your home;
Only the use of your gun could STOP THE HARM OR INJURY.

Our interpretation of this is as followed. You can only protect someone you have a relationship with. Do not use deadly force if you do not know the people involved. You may not know who the actual bad guy is and end up helping the scumbag.

I strongly agree with this point, you just have to know all the facts. Now if you are in a grocery store or bank and you were there when it started, I guess you would know who the bad guy is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom