Kindle Users?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Cinaet ... while I was playing around with my phone last night I downloaded the Kindle App ... just to see what was in there ... OMGosh ... I kinda like the classics (never mind that there are a BUNCH of them I never read).

I still want a Kindle but it's pretty neat to have all those books at your fingertips ... Whenever I have to hang out somewhere (like the doctor's office) I can read a book now instead of looking at another 4 year old edition of People Magazine or AARP Magazine ...

Exactly! I think it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. All those free classics make the Kindle a no brainer to me. Think about being in the doctor's office and using that pone app to log into the library some day. What a bargain.

By the way folks, Walmart does carry the Kindle. Also BestBuy along with Staples. The Walmart on I-35 here in Norman only had the 3G version though. OSA really came through on this Kindle for me. Thanks everyone for the good advice.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Cinaet ... while I was playing around with my phone last night I downloaded the Kindle App ... just to see what was in there ... OMGosh ... I kinda like the classics (never mind that there are a BUNCH of them I never read).

I still want a Kindle but it's pretty neat to have all those books at your fingertips ... Whenever I have to hang out somewhere (like the doctor's office) I can read a book now instead of looking at another 4 year old edition of People Magazine or AARP Magazine ...

They also have a Kindle app for you PC or MAC. One thing I really like is that it will keep the various devices in sync so that after you quit reading on your phone, you can turn on your Kindle and be on the same page. I also like the dictionary lookup on the Kindle. When you are reading, you just move the cursor to the work and the meaning automatically pops up.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly! I think it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. All those free classics make the Kindle a no brainer to me. Think about being in the doctor's office and using that pone app to log into the library some day. What a bargain.

By the way folks, Walmart does carry the Kindle. Also BestBuy along with Staples. The Walmart on I-35 here in Norman only had the 3G version though. OSA really came through on this Kindle for me. Thanks everyone for the good advice.

I am glad that you are enjoying it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They also have a Kindle app for you PC or MAC. One thing I really like is that it will keep the various devices in sync so that after you quit reading on your phone, you can turn on your Kindle and be on the same page. I also like the dictionary lookup on the Kindle. When you are reading, you just move the cursor to the work and the meaning automatically pops up.

I saw that! I just haven't fooled around with it yet ... You know, being an old person in this day and age is pretty danged neat! Well ... except for that doctor's office thingee (no offense tR doc!! lol)

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that! I just haven't fooled around with it yet ... You know, being an old person in this day and age is pretty danged neat! Well ... except for that doctor's office thingee (no offense tR doc!! lol)

You probably have more that a few years before you catch up with me.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well mine showed up and I've already bought a couple books for it in addition to those I already downloaded for Kindle PC.
I got to say I really am enjoying it. I went ahead and sprung for the lighted cover. Amazingly it works pretty well also.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to say I really am enjoying it.

Same here Old Fart. :) Except I'm such a cheap bastage I'm using an old headlamp like unto that below I had laying around.

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_41F4CRzIb4L._AA160_.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom