Last night by one of my stands . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe this guy will be there next weekend . . .

Attachments

• securedownload[1].jpg
    securedownload[1].jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 308

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I hope you get a shot at that!
Wonder if that right side is grass in the antler or velvet still getting rubbed off.
I'm thinking they should be completely out of velvet by now, at least they are in my neck of the woods.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll get him. Hopefully within the next couple weeks, but he needs to help you a little and come out in the daylight or atleast 30 minutes before sunrise or 30 minutes after sunset.

Good luck!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect that's grass on the horns. Pretty late for any velvet leftovers. The deer in that area are pretty likely to have nontypical racks. One theory is that some exotic critters have escaped from high fence game enclosures around the Lake of the Arbuckles area and have mixed with the local whitetail population.

I know of one real big whitetail that had antlers like a moose, and have seen another that ran with him that was almost the same way. "Moose" was hit hard with an arrow, hid in an inpenetrable area and was never found, though he was looked for for five days by an excellent tracker. He found five other dead deer, but no moose.

The coming weekend is planned for stand replacement Friday, and hunting Saturday and Sunday. Weather may be warmer, but maybe they'll still be moving. CB

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect that's grass on the horns. Pretty late for any velvet leftovers. The deer in that area are pretty likely to have nontypical racks. One theory is that some exotic critters have escaped from high fence game enclosures around the Lake of the Arbuckles area and have mixed with the local whitetail population.

I know of one real big whitetail that had antlers like a moose, and have seen another that ran with him that was almost the same way. "Moose" was hit hard with an arrow, hid in an inpenetrable area and was never found, though he was looked for for five days by an excellent tracker. He found five other dead deer, but no moose.

The coming weekend is planned for stand replacement Friday, and hunting Saturday and Sunday. Weather may be warmer, but maybe they'll still be moving. CB
Antlers like this Fallow buck?
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC_0321.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom