Latest in the Jerome Jay Ersland saga.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be willing to be the turd is getting better treatment that 99% of the other inmates there because he is housed in the medical wing. And once he finished detoxing from his prescription pain med addiction maybe he will be able to have some kind of relevant thought process ... Highly unlikely from what I have seen so far, but one can always hope.

He just digs his hole deeper and deeper and deeper ... No wonder Box didn't put him on the stand. It certainly appears to me that the defense he put on was the best he could do with what he had to work with ...

He has effectly destroyed any sympathy I might have had for him at the beginning of all this. As far as I am concerned, he isn't any better a person that the scum that tried to rob him ...

Once the DOC gets him, he will be housed in Seg. with all the queers and snitches.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He just digs his hole deeper and deeper and deeper ... No wonder Box didn't put him on the stand. It certainly appears to me that the defense he put on was the best he could do with what he had to work with ...

He has effectly destroyed any sympathy I might have had for him at the beginning of all this. As far as I am concerned, he isn't any better a person that the scum that tried to rob him ...

I've kind of turned around on this now that I understand the AFFIRMATIVE defense thing. It's painfully obvious that if Box had put him on the stand, it wouldn't have done any good anyway. He had only one way to win this case, and that was to prove that a threat still existed. Absent any video there was just nothing else for Box to use. Ersland made it clear over and over and continues to do so, that you can't trust his word and that's all Box had at his disposal from the looks of it.

Still can't really go with murder1, but man1 seems realistic. Meh... At Ersland's age that's probably a life sentence too.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It's his responsability to PROVE that Ersland was justified...

I disagree. It's his responsibility to get a just and fair trial for his client. If he is guilty, then he shouldn't be getting his client off for murder, he should be working against cruel and unusual punishment, or vindictive / vengeful conviction/sentences.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

How true...^^^^^^^^^....the more he talks??? He is a weird one.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree. It's his responsibility to get a just and fair trial for his client. If he is guilty, then he shouldn't be getting his client off for murder, he should be working against cruel and unusual punishment, or vindictive / vengeful conviction/sentences.

Ya, I hear you... if I were Box, I would have taken one look at Erland and been trying to plea bargain a deal or throw himself on the mercy of the court given the circumstances. What I meant with my statement was concerning the fact that self-defense is an affirmative thing that has to be argued as such.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well. Ersland STILL can't seem to keep his mouth shut.

Today he conducted a phone interview in which he blamed Judge Elliot again for his being behind bars.

http://www.koco.com/news/28243518/detail.html

Ersland receives about 20 letters a day, he said, from people who believe the jury got the verdict wrong.

Ersland believes the same and said he mostly blames Judge Ray Elliot.

“During the trial there were 80 decisions made, whether they were overruled or not, and we lost 78 out of 80,” he said. “I was keeping track of them.”

“And then the judge being against me. And so, that's how I got here.”

Eyewitness News 5 attempted to reach Elliot for comment, but was told he was not available to talk about the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom