Law enforcement encouters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious on this subject, as for many other subjects on the forum. Why do a large number of people post about their being or having encounters with law enforcement? Now, bear with me. I am an old guy and retired for many years, so when I drive I drive the speed limit, most of the time, yes, most of the time, I do get out of hand at some point, but not very often. Let me stress this, most of you are younger and have to get somewhere faster than I do, and I do realize that, so be forgiving of that point. I have had very few encounters in my life, but when I did, they were very forgiving. But, that was before most of you were born. I kinow you get tired of hearing my old stories, but I had the greatest encounters as a young or younger adult with OHP and one particular deceased officer from Hobart, OK. The OHP officers are long dead and so is the Hobart Detective (I could go on and on about the OHP guys and the Hobart Dt. I can go on and on about what these guys did for me and not telling any one else, BUT that was or were the days before the DRUG problem.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see this a lot on car forums, young immature kids getting caught doing things. Then posting on the forum and acting like they were doing nothing wrong and asking how they can get out of it. It is hilarious, and more so when they "bro's" act like they know how to get around things.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see this a lot on car forums, young immature kids getting caught doing things. Then posting on the forum and acting like they were doing nothing wrong and asking how they can get out of it. It is hilarious, and more so when they "bro's" act like they know how to get around things.
Thank you. I am so grateful to be old' and so well, I think you know what I mean.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Respect (Yes sir, No sir), an unsuspicious appearance and apologizing when you know you are in the wrong will all go a long way towards having a positive law-enforcement encounter.

Rude and abusive law enforcement officers are out there but at a far lower percentage than rude and disrespectful teenagers and twenty-somethings.

The proliferation of cell phone and other recording devices is probably going to facilitate weeding out the few abusive police officers if the courts let us use them.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and
Respect (Yes sir, No sir), an unsuspicious appearance and apologizing when you know you are in the wrong will all go a long way towards having a positive law-enforcement encounter.

Rude and abusive law enforcement officers are out there but at a far lower percentage than rude and disrespectful teenagers and twenty-somethings.

The proliferation of cell phone and other recording devices is probably going to facilitate weeding out the few abusive police officers if the courts let us use them.

I do understand that to the fullest. Sir, and appreciate that.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last encounter I had, I was given a warning. I thanked him so much because I was having a crappy day, threw my hand out for a handshake. He said, " I don't want to shake your hand."

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am one of those who posted about an unfortunate encounter with law enforcement. The guy was a total douche and I don't regret my comments about him. I just came here to vent about the situation. I don't complain when I am ticketed because I deserve it. I am always respectful and have never cursed at LEO or called them any names. When I am pulled over, my engine is off, window down and hands on the wheel. I do everything I can to put the officer at ease. However, the very nature of the incident is negative even though I am at fault. I haven't received that many warnings in my life and have little reason to run to OSA and tell everyone about the courteous officer that gave me a $160 ticket, even though he/she is just doing their job.

Now, if I am every in need of LEO and they do in fact come to my aid, you can be assured that I will be on here letting everyone know about it. However, so far I have never needed them and have not had the opportunity to brag on them. I will say that I think they are like any other profession in life from cafeteria worker to brain surgeon, some are good and some are not. I have a couple LEO friends and have met several off duty. The majority that I've met off duty seem like pretty decent fellows with one or two exceptions.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To make this short and sweet, I believe if an officer goes out of his way to be a douche, then a person has every right to vent about the situation and be upset. I've been there and it sucks. However, people need to be able to differentiate between an officer being a douche and being caught with their hand in the cookie jar. If you get caught, then don't be a douche yourself as this is usually what causes the officer to respond in a similar manner. Be honest and respectful and just accept the fact that you got caught and move on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom