Legal to carry in polling place?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He tried to do it wearing a disguise? Sounds like a DB to me.

I was OC on election day but encountered the sign posted above by Tulsa county so I made a trip back to the car.

The News9 article contained some factual errors. His "disguise" consisted of a jacket and a ball cap.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, you mean that someone was arrested for doing the EXACT SAME THING that all of you were bashing me for trying to explain??? Interesting. Maybe all 15 of these years in law enforcement wasn't a complete waste... So much for pulling it out of my a$$, huh?

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must have missed where you were bashed. I think someone asked you for a cite, but that's hardly bashing. One thing is for sure, it's an interesting legal argument, and the Sisson case will tell us who the court agrees with. However, I don't think there's any purpose served by taking it personally.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must have missed where you were bashed. I think someone asked you for a cite, but that's hardly bashing. One thing is for sure, it's an interesting legal argument, and the Sisson case will tell us who the court agrees with. However, I don't think there's any purpose served by taking it personally.

There is nothing interesting about it. It's clear cut. You can't carry a firearm into a polling place. You can postulate all you want but that isn't going to change anything.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here, I'll help you out.

Quote from Okiebryan:

"Following your logic, why would anyone do anything that ever made anyone else uncomfortable? Heaven forbid we should do that. Lets get rid of our new open carry law because some people won't like seeing guns in the possession of lawful citizens. Better yet, lets get rid of concealed carry as well because of the trauma it can cause people just knowing there are people around who might be carrying a gun."

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here, I'll help you out.

Quote from Okiebryan:

"Following your logic, why would anyone do anything that ever made anyone else uncomfortable? Heaven forbid we should do that. Lets get rid of our new open carry law because some people won't like seeing guns in the possession of lawful citizens. Better yet, lets get rid of concealed carry as well because of the trauma it can cause people just knowing there are people around who might be carrying a gun."

I never said that. try again, this time using words instead of just pictures.

Still hardly qualifies as bashing.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is nothing interesting about it. It's clear cut. You can't carry a firearm into a polling place. You can postulate all you want but that isn't going to change anything.

So, since you find it so uninteresting, and you already know what the outcome of the case is, then why are you so opposed to further discussion by those who do find it interesting? I find plenty interesting about it, and also find to to be far less clear cut than you apparently do. I'm sure that there are plenty of other threads and topics that may meet with your approval.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any government building or office space used for conducting business with the public.
While serving as a polling place these spaces are rented by the state to conduct official business!
Obviously if your polling place is im a school or municipal building they are always off limits. Other sites are rented or used by the government, staffed by paid government workers, and used for conducting government business with the public. Read Title 26 Oklahoma Statutes.

Title 21 has firearms. The statute says "owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;"

What if it wasn't bought or leased?

Latest posts

Top Bottom