Legality of carry on private property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you would like to volunteer as a test case for us to overturn Pierce?

I am surprised I haven't, I usually don't bother to cover up when I step out to smoke, (no smoking in my house) I have had officers drive by my house in the past when I have been leaning up against the side of my truck visiting with friends smoking a cigar and even returned their wave a couple of times as they have cruised by.

I live smack dab in the middle of east Tulsa I figure they probably have more important things to do than go huh... that guy is wearing a gun.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if someone were ticketed for speeding, saying "Other people speed and are not given tickets" would be a good defense?

No... But if 20 guys regularly sped through your town everyday, the law knew they did it, did nothing about it, and decided to pull you over one day for 2mph over while the other guys continued to speed past, it would leave a bad taste would it not?

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am surprised I haven't, I usually don't bother to cover up when I step out to smoke, (no smoking in my house) I have had officers drive by my house in the past when I have been leaning up against the side of my truck visiting with friends smoking a cigar and even returned their wave a couple of times as they have cruised by.

I live smack dab in the middle of east Tulsa I figure they probably have more important things to do than go huh... that guy is wearing a gun.

You're assuming that they even notice.

I OC at the house and cover up when I leave. Forgot to cover up. :homer:

I was out and about for the better part of 2 hours mostly at WM and BB. No one noticed or if they did said anything. Walked right by the armed security guard in WM going in and going out.

'Bout dropped a load of fecal matter in my shorts when I realized what I'd done.

That particular incident is one of the reasons I don't see OC as being a problem in our state.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Key point there...

If they are going to selectively enforce laws...how about we start selectively obeying them?

I used "discretionary" on purpose. Using discretion is not the same as being selective.

For example, it is left to an officer's discretion to give you a warning or reduce the speed reported on your ticket. The DA has discretion in which cases to prosecute.

If they were to prosecute a gun store only for employees carrying openly inside the store, then the "model" or "sales tool" argument could very well beat the DA's prosecution.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they were to prosecute a gun store only for employees carrying openly inside the store, then the "model" or "sales tool" argument could very well beat the DA's prosecution.

Maybe...

If what they were packing weren't loaded.

Marketing tool or model. Neither would be required to be loaded to be used as a marketing tool.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe...

If what they were packing weren't loaded.

Marketing tool or model. Neither would be required to be loaded to be used as a marketing tool.

True.

But then you have a reasonable deterrent to commission of a felony against a high value target.

It's a stretch, but nothing is out of reach if you can argue it well.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're assuming that they even notice.

I OC at the house and cover up when I leave. Forgot to cover up. :homer:

I was out and about for the better part of 2 hours mostly at WM and BB. No one noticed or if they did said anything. Walked right by the armed security guard in WM going in and going out.

'Bout dropped a load of fecal matter in my shorts when I realized what I'd done.

That particular incident is one of the reasons I don't see OC as being a problem in our state.

They probably thought you were a cop, IF they noticed.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

some of you guys worry way to much...:D i have came across several different LEO's, 3 OHP's, 2 Dep.Shf. and 1 city (since iv got my lic.)and when i go to show them my CC card ALL of them have thrown there hand up and have said "i dont care"... i will still continue to offer or show my card everytime i come in contact with one but like i said some of you worry way to much...:D your gona have a couple LEO's that are CRAZY about there job (like any trade) but you cant run around chase'n your tail over a couple over zealous one's...the majority of these guys (LEO's) are GREAT guys and on the same side we are...

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
some of you guys worry way to much...:D i have came across several different LEO's, 3 OHP's, 2 Dep.Shf. and 1 city (since iv got my lic.)and when i go to show them my CC card ALL of them have thrown there hand up and have said "i dont care"... i will still continue to offer or show my card everytime i come in contact with one but like i said some of you worry way to much...:D your gona have a couple LEO's that are CRAZY about there job (like any trade) but you cant run around chase'n your tail over a couple over zealous one's...the majority of these guys (LEO's) are GREAT guys and on the same side we are...

CC card doesn't do anything for your open carry scenario.

some of us try to read the law before interpreting it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom