LEO Notification of Concealed Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other day I exited Highway 169 in Tulsa at 11th street and there were a bunch of police cars in a parking lot there. I pulled in for my usual notification process but they were all empty. It took me like two hours to leave notes on all their windshields.

Bryan

:laugh6::laugh6::laugh6::laugh6:
hahahaha

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other day I exited Highway 169 in Tulsa at 11th street and there were a bunch of police cars in a parking lot there. I pulled in for my usual notification process but they were all empty. It took me like two hours to leave notes on all their windshields.

Bryan

That is hilarious!

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Bryan

The mistake you made was to pick a station with many police cars in the parking lot.
When I feel it is time to notify the cops, I drive by a station with only 4-5 cars parked. I can be finished in 5 minutes.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was reminded of this thread when I sat down for lunch today with two of Bethany's finest at the next table. I was suddenly filled with the urge to run over and toss down my permit... just to be sure. :)

Anyway, made me smile.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at it this way...If you were the LEO would you like to know the person you're talking with has a firearm on them? IMO I would...

Look at it this way...If you were a citizen would you like to know the person you're talking with has a firearm on them? IMO I would...

So you ask everyone you meet if they're packing then?

<wanders off shaking head in pure wonderment>

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OHP has always been skittish of CCW holders.. I guess we can thank them next time we come in contact with them for helping restrain our OC options..

I don't intend on notifying a LEO I am passing in a local QT unless we stop and start conversing...

You got that right...

I've only had contact with one cop in the last 15 years or so. I had to drive to the place where I 240 E bound intersects I 40 E bound to change a flat on my wife's car. In the process OHP showed up and got out of his cruiser. I walked up to him told him I was obligated unde the SDA to inform him that I was licensed to carry a concealed weapon and that I was currently armed. The guy didn't freak but it was pretty obvious he was concerned. He told me "yes you are and to keep my hand out of my right front pocket". He backed his was to the cruiser, got in, sat there for about 5 minutes and left.

All I can say is wierd...

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Um, it is written:

when the person first comes into contact with any law enforcement officer of this state or its political subdivisions or a federal law enforcement officer during
the course of any arrest, detainment, or routine traffic stop.

It further states:

"Contact means"

a Conversation
b A stop of a motor vehicle, whether the citizen is driving or a passenger; or
c Any arrest, for any reason

Seems to me that it should be stated, " when the law enforcement officer first comes into contact with the person... This makes it easier to understand. If the officer wants to make contact with you, tell him you are armed. Just my .02 worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom