Let’s talk riflescopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 SFP Mil-Dot @ $999 at MidwayUSA Old scope design but great glass, tough as nails. Great value while they are available. Discontinued to civilian market, still produced for military. Also, check Eurooptic for remaining Mark 4s of other powers/features. 308 is sucking fumes at 1000yds; like lobbing indirect fire mortars at 1200. However, serviceable old warrior and great for learning ballistics and wind. You'll like the RPR in the 308....nice combo.
That is an excellent scope and a great deal.

Man, I really didn't need to see that post. 😅

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cool thing about optics, is that you can swap them around on different platforms all you want. I find that money spent on good optics is always a good investment, although I’m not exactly high class with my optics. I second the higher end leupold idea.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I currently have 3 Nightforce, 2 Luepolds. I have never ever regretted buying any of these. Like the previous poster said. Cry once. Pay for quality.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m almost thinking about getting this. What are y’all’s thoughts? I think it’s cheaper since it’s a Gen 2 and the Gen 3’s are coming out.

View attachment 247777

I’m only basing my opinion off what I’ve shot. I’ve used this exact optic on a Bergara BMP 6.5 creed and comparing it to a JP AR10 that I had next to the Bergara running a NF ATACR 5-20, the PST had clearer glass. Hitting sub minute steel at 600 was extremely easy with both guns, both obviously could see and identify the targe(s) very easily. Quality wise, I’m sure NF is amazing but I can’t afford one and have been running Vortex because of the quality for price and their amazing warranty, so I can’t speak to how they handle being treated by me. My vortex’s have held up through a lot of abuse and I haven’t had any issues.

The PST gen 2 optics are such amazing optics for the price and do majority of what shooters need.

You need to figure out what you’re gonna use it for, how far you’re gonna shoot, what you want to spend, how they’re going to be treated, carried, etc. IMO, I use my rifles for certain things and they get banged up and I’ve never had any issues with them, but I also can’t justify buying a NF, especially now that I’ve shot so many of them, going in with such high expectations to really only be disappointed because they get hyped up so much.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’m only basing my opinion off what I’ve shot. I’ve used this exact optic on a Bergara BMP 6.5 creed and comparing it to a JP AR10 that I had next to the Bergara running a NF ATACR 5-20, the PST had clearer glass. Hitting sub minute steel at 600 was extremely easy with both guns, both obviously could see and identify the targe(s) very easily. Quality wise, I’m sure NF is amazing but I can’t afford one and have been running Vortex because of the quality for price and their amazing warranty, so I can’t speak to how they handle being treated by me. My vortex’s have held up through a lot of abuse and I haven’t had any issues.

The PST gen 2 optics are such amazing optics for the price and do majority of what shooters need.

You need to figure out what you’re gonna use it for, how far you’re gonna shoot, what you want to spend, how they’re going to be treated, carried, etc. IMO, I use my rifles for certain things and they get banged up and I’ve never had any issues with them, but I also can’t justify buying a NF, especially now that I’ve shot so many of them, going in with such high expectations to really only be disappointed because they get hyped up so much.

I bought the nightforce

Latest posts

Top Bottom