Let’s talk riflescopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this used to be a higher dollar scope. I wouldn’t consider it a $700 scope just cause it’s on sale.
If that’s what you want, buy it. You don’t need affirmation from any of us.
You gave a price cap of what you want to spend, and I suggested two scopes I know are high quality around that price.
All the serious long range shooters I know use Kahles K525I, but that’s way out of your price range.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There aren't many brands that I'm a fan boy of and I'm by no means a glass guru nor a long range shooter. But I sure do like the PA products, because of the newest developed reticles. ACSS ranging reticles.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do you have a nightforce?
I’ve had a couple, but it’s been a long time. I would suggest you try to look through a variety of scopes before purchasing. Some scopes “fit my eye” better than others. For example, Burris doesn’t work for my eye at all, but I haven’t found a Leupold I didn’t like. Certain Swarovskis don’t work for me either, but all the Zeiss scopes have been fine. :anyone:

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few long range scopes from different manufacturers; Nightforce, Hensoldt, Leupold, US Optics, Vortex, SWFA, and Bushnell. I like them all for different reasons. You can point out pros and cons for each one of them. If your budget is 1500 with rings/base. I'd look at Vortex or Leupold. Both are solid scopes with good warranty.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few long range scopes from different manufacturers; Nightforce, Hensoldt, Leupold, US Optics, Vortex, SWFA, and Bushnell. I like them all for different reasons. You can point out pros and cons for each one of them. If your budget is 1500 with rings/base. I'd look at Vortex or Leupold. Both are solid scopes with good warranty.
If a scopes selling point is a good warranty, it’s more than likely because you’re going to need it. :rollingla

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Leupold on one of my 308 work rifles that's done well. Haven't had the chance to shoot it past 1100 yards though.

VX-3i LRP 8.5-25x50mm (30mm) Side Focus MIL FFP - Sku #172347

Latest posts

Top Bottom