Let’s talk riflescopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m almost thinking about getting this. What are y’all’s thoughts? I think it’s cheaper since it’s a Gen 2 and the Gen 3’s are coming out.

View attachment 247777
We used that same scope for a couple of years, and shooting and exploding gallon jugs full of water at 1,000 yards was quite easy. Optics were very bright and clear.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why are some of you guy recommending second focal plane over first focal plane for long range shooting?
Static reticle for the win.

At distance, I'm not a fan of mildots, moa hashes or other distractions. Typically the big knobs on on scopes designed for long range, are there for a reason (I use those).

Op stated he'll be shooting at known distance so that negates the need for moa/mil dots. I have and use the scope I recommend on a ftr rifle. It works very well.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a scopes selling point is a good warranty, it’s more than likely because you’re going to need it. :rollingla
Because no one ever had a gun drop off a shooting table, fell from a tree stand, or knocked over while leaning up against a tree. Accidents happen and most of the time it's the users fault, but not always.

Latest posts

Top Bottom