Let’s talk riflescopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have and use both, FFP and SFP. If I'm shooting consistently at the same, long distance, target I typically use my SFP scope. However, if my target distances vary or if I am hunting I'll use my FFP for the versatility it brings to the game.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.eurooptic.com/Nightforc...5-22x50-Zero-Stop-MOAR-T-Riflescope-C505.aspx
You can get either of these Bushnells once they’re in stock, you might find them over on GA Precision web site
https://www.gaprecision.net/ga-store/optics/bushnell-dmr3-3-5-21x50-g4-reticle.html
All of us are scope snobs in one way or another. Find one that checks all your boxes and run with it. Your first move is learning about all the necessary boxes that should be checked and why before settling on a particular scope.

C4112230-45E7-4C08-B339-131170E63E4E.png
754FF627-D3EF-4D5A-B7B8-B71F7067EC72.png

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I highly recommend Primary Arms optics. They are made extremely well. They also have the ACSS reticle which is great. But they have other ones too. I would put them up there with some of the more expensive ones.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I highly recommend Primary Arms optics. They are made extremely well. They also have the ACSS reticle which is great. But they have other ones too. I would put them up there with some of the more expensive ones.
Seconded.

I have several PA optics, mostly their LPVO's and two 4-14x illuminated mildots on AR pattern rifles (5.56 & 308), plus a 308 bolt rifle and an AK. All have performed very well over the years. I haven't tried out their higher-end optics, though.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quigly-Ford scopes. buy one at a friends of the nra show. Upgrade it. Get the correct rings. Less than $800 for a most excellent scope. Like it so much more than the Nikon or Redfield I have been using. fWIW.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s input but I had someone PM me that gave me some very good information on scopes and long range shooting. I think I’m going to take his advice and spend a little more money.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the market for a long range rifle scope. I’m pretty faithful to Vortex but also open to whatever else is out there that y’all might recommend. I figure at least up to 24 power if not more… planning on shooting at 500 yards and eventually 1200 yards. Budget is probably $1500 with rings/mount.

Rifle is a Ruger Precision Rifle in .308win if that matters
Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 SFP Mil-Dot @ $999 at MidwayUSA Old scope design but great glass, tough as nails. Great value while they are available. Discontinued to civilian market, still produced for military. Also, check Eurooptic for remaining Mark 4s of other powers/features. 308 is sucking fumes at 1000yds; like lobbing indirect fire mortars at 1200. However, serviceable old warrior and great for learning ballistics and wind. You'll like the RPR in the 308....nice combo.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s input but I had someone PM me that gave me some very good information on scopes and long range shooting. I think I’m going to take his advice and spend a little more money.
You will never go wrong with spending on glass.....buy once, cry once, happy ever after. Consistency, repeatability, precision is KING in shooting long range....even more so than the actual glass aspect. I would sacrifice some in the glass for more in the turret mechanics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom