Let's see your deer blind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finished my deer blind about 2 months ago, and the deer walk within 10 yards of it every day, and act like it's not even there.

View attachment 515540

View attachment 515541

Bought 2 of these portable buildings, got this one at Lowe's for $299

Building is 7X7X7

After putting this building together, I caulked all the seems to keep the wasps and other insects out of it, and to hopefully make it a tad bit warmer in the winter time since I eliminated any and all potential drafts.

I put a swivel rocker in it and a high back chair for guests.

I've got one of those big electric blankets that is made to be plugged in to a vehicles cigarette lighter, but I cut that plug off and installed 2 big alligator clips, which will be hooked up a marine battery for the days the temperature drops near freezing and below.

I really enjoy hunting when it is raining, and with this set up, I can stay dry and warm, and hunt from daylight to dark if I am so inclined.

What are you guys hunting in this year?
I finished my deer blind about 2 months ago, and the deer walk within 10 yards of it every day, and act like it's not even there.

View attachment 515540

View attachment 515541

Building is 7X7X7

After putting this building together, I caulked all the seems to keep the wasps and other insects out of it, and to hopefully make it a tad bit warmer in the winter time since I eliminated any and all potential drafts.

I've got one of those big electric blankets that is made to be plugged in to a vehicles cigarette lighter, but I cut that plug off and installed 2 big alligator clips, which will be hooked up a marine battery for the days the temperature drops near freezing and below.

I really enjoy hunting when it is raining, and with this set up, I can stay dry and warm, and hunt from daylight to dark if I am so inclined.

Wife's 6x6 aluminum blind she crossbow hunts from. Of course has Mr. Heater, porta potty and crossbow shooting tripod stand. First weekend, of her first season to hunt, she shoots big 12pt. That was 10 years ago and it's still the biggest deer taken off our property.

Attachments

• DSCF0197.JPG
    DSCF0197.JPG
    140.6 KB

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1000029831.jpg

Here's mine. It is a 2022 Snaplock 4x6 Deer Blind from Atwoods (think it was $350 and I still kick myself for not buying a second because my kid still uses a pop-up.)

I built a base using 4X4s and 3/4 plywood and set that on some cinder blocks. Sealed the seams with some caulking, and built my own windows using plexiglass from Lowe's. Used some krylon to help break up the big flat sides a bit.

Just me, it is great! With two, it is a little cramped but it is way better than the pop-up I used the first year. We use folding camp chairs, and put a stall mat on the floor to keep noise down and insulation.
We want to upgrade, and have started gathering materials since if she has to pee, I have to get out too.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife's 6x6 aluminum blind she crossbow hunts from. Of course has Mr. Heater, porta potty and crossbow shooting tripod stand. First weekend, of her first season to hunt, she shoots big 12pt. That was 10 years ago and it's still the biggest deer taken off our property.
Very nice! 👍

Congratulations to your wife for her big 12 point.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 516033
Here's mine. It is a 2022 Snaplock 4x6 Deer Blind from Atwoods (think it was $350 and I still kick myself for not buying a second because my kid still uses a pop-up.)

I built a base using 4X4s and 3/4 plywood and set that on some cinder blocks. Sealed the seams with some caulking, and built my own windows using plexiglass from Lowe's. Used some krylon to help break up the big flat sides a bit.

Just me, it is great! With two, it is a little cramped but it is way better than the pop-up I used the first year. We use folding camp chairs, and put a stall mat on the floor to keep noise down and insulation.
We want to upgrade, and have started gathering materials since if she has to pee, I have to get out too.
I had looked at those. Nice looking stand. 👍

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 515540

View attachment 515541

Building is 7X7X7

Did you have to cut out that window for shooting or was it part of the shed? You have me intrigued and now I have an off season project. Thanks of sharing.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you have to cut out that window for shooting or was it part of the shed? You have me intrigued and now I have an off season project. Thanks of sharing.
I believe I paid $89 for that window, but I did have to cut a hole in the door for it.

I put a heavy layer of caulk around the window opening, inserted the window, then screwed the window to a 2X6 frame on the other side of the door. I would have used a 2X4, but 2X6 scraps was all I had on hand. I also built a shelf at the bottom of the window frame, so I can use it as a rest for rifle, pistol, crossbow or shotgun.

You're welcome!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got mostly ladder stands on our place as we hunt more with hand drawn bows. The one pic looks odd with the camo backdrop but after the leaves fall it should help limit seeing movement. Have a couple of ground blinds. 2 redneck blinds - one on the trailer in the pic and another on a 15' platform stand. 15 total I think.
ladder stand.jpg
ground blind.jpg
trailer blind.jpg

Reaction score
We've got mostly ladder stands on our place as we hunt more with hand drawn bows. The one pic looks odd with the camo backdrop but after the leaves fall it should help limit seeing movement. Have a couple of ground blinds. 2 redneck blinds - one on the trailer in the pic and another on a 15' platform stand. 15 total I think.
View attachment 516101
This I think is a darn good idea interested in how it works. Seems like it should really blend you in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom