Let's see your deer blind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 516228
This was my primary blind for over 20 years. 4x6 dimensions.
Lower left corner got a lightning strike, blowing a hole in there wherapon an owl took up residence for months. No way it could be cleaned and be safe for human habitation.
(The base will soon be for sale. 18’ tall.) I had already removed the ladder when the pic was taken.
My current blind in the same place is an Atwood’s special factory built 4X6 that’s well insulated and lots of windows to open. It’s so tight that a buddy heater fogs up the windows quickly unless one is open.

View attachment 516229

There are two tripod stands. (Soon to be on sale, 12’ high) and a shop built wood ground blind. (Soon to be on sale). As well as another tower blind base that I think is 18’ or taller.
I hope you weren't in that first blind when it was struck by lightning! ⚡

I have looked at those Atwood's blinds for a couple of years, and while mine won't be as air tight, warn and comfortable, the one I got though was a lot more affordable. I do like yours though!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
123_1.jpeg
123_1.jpeg

Not mine, but a guy that works with me. Formerly a porta-potty.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you weren't in that first blind when it was struck by lightning! ⚡

I have looked at those Atwood's blinds for a couple of years, and while mine won't be as air tight, warn and comfortable, the one I got though was a lot more affordable. I do like yours though!
No, it was struck while we were on the road one summer. No positive proof it was lightning, but there was nothing inside to show an impact from the exterior. All the debris was on the ground below, so speculation on my part.
I've hunted in the past from wood shipping crates about the size of a coffin with three hay bales and a lawn chair stacked in front, 2X6's wedged into the crotch of a tree, and still currently have a shipping crate that is a 6X6 on a factory platform, 8' high (soon to be for sale) the same size on another location with an office chair inside to sit on.
I'm all into comfort now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I typically hunt tripods and lean to buddy stands.
This one is on one of my places in TX and was crushed by a tree in a May storm. I was able to salvage it but was only able to make it half the original height.
View attachment 517358

I'll have a couple buddy stands and tripods for sale before next season.
The plastic blind you sold me several years ago fell victim to some 80 mph winds a couple months ago. It got scattered across the wheat field. The stand is still good though according to the farmer. I have yet to go see the damage. He said he gathered it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom