Lever Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winchester or Marlin

• Winchester

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Marlin

Votes: 90 67.2%

• Total voters

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll may end up with a set on my Model 60 but my eyes keep telling me I need a scope even if my soul is repulsed by the idea of scopes on leverguns.

Haha, I'm the same way... I remember watching The Rifelman when I was a kid each day after school. (I think it was on TV 47 back in the day). Lucas McCain never had a scope on his gun! But that show and most any other cowboy movie/show has probably influenced me not to scope it.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Haha, I'm the same way... I remember watching The Rifelman when I was a kid each day after school. (I think it was on TV 47 back in the day). Lucas McCain never had a scope on his gun! But that show and most any other cowboy movie/show has probably influenced me not to scope it.

Of course you know that to get the full experience you will need to reload for your Marlin and start casting your own lead bullets.
:rubhands: Another one hooked.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Of course you know that to get the full experience you will need to reload for your Marlin and start casting your own lead bullets.
:rubhands: Another one hooked.

Oh man, I was thinking about the reloading stuff today. How much of an initial investment do you think I'd need to make to get involved in the reloading stuff? Not so sure about casting my own bullets...??? :anyone:

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Do you have any reloading equipment now?
If you don't have any some of the "expert kits" are a good place to start.
My personal preference is for Lyman stuff but you'll get as many that liek other stuff as there is other stuff.
Add a set of Lee factory crimp dies ot this one and you are ready to go.
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=924848&t=11082005

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=251154&t=11082005
The Lee brand dies are your best bang for your buck for GP reloading.

You can get in for less with the Lee sets but in my experience their powder measures, while functional, are crap.
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=423081&t=11082005

Bullet casting is a whole 'nother ball game. But I'd hate to have to give it up.

Hobbies within hobbies within hobbies within hobbies....

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Madd: The family heirloom Model 94 I know own wears an old lyman Peep Sight. Super quick acquisition, and accurate. That gun has killed dozens of deer in the hands of several hunters. Peep sights and ghost rings are the bees knees.

Oh, and I want a Guide Gun in .450 Marlin. Why? No logical reason, but thats never stopped me in the past!:laughup:

Latest posts

Top Bottom