Lifetime Hunting License

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I hate the call in. I hunt around a small town and its awesome when the whole family shows up to witness the weigh in, and people driving down the street, stop and get their cameras out to take pics.

One of the traditions of deer hunting slowly going by the wayside.

Actually its a pretty good deal for most. Check stations that are open late can be hard to come by sometimes.

Congrats on gettting your lifetime......its a decision you will never question.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your lifetime license! Mine has paid for itself many times over, not to mention the convenience factor. Did you get the combination hunt and fish?

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deffiantly worth it.... I also lived in Kansas for a while staying with a buddy and got that one to while I was there.
I like the online check in... used it last year
one problem though and I know im might catch crap for it... I killed a doe last year and got it home and went to check it in online and the site was down, so I figured i would just butcher it up and try in the morning. Well it didnt work the next day either but since the deer was already in pieces i couldnt take it to a check station either.

AnnieOakley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I hate the call in. I hunt around a small town and its awesome when the whole family shows up to witness the weigh in, and people driving down the street, stop and get their cameras out to take pics.

I agree! When I got my first buck last year, my dad called some of his friends and when I got to the check-in, there were 20 people there waiting to see my deer :) One of the proudest moments in my life, even if it was just a little 8 point.

Reaction score
Lol yep now I can check my 40 lb archery fawn without (quite as much) shame. But actually I haven't tried it yet - hope to thus year.

Question: with the online checkin, what if you don't have a scale - are you allowed to guess or select 'unknown' on the weight?

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guessed on mine last year. It was as close as the crappy scales at the check station.

Online check in is the way to go. It is a 30 min drive one way to the closest check station where we go. Nice to have to make that trip.

Now if I shoot a monster, I will make the trip so I can get my picture took.

Latest posts

Top Bottom