"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking "!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My God mother died from smoking. Congestive heart failure. She was only 63. After I seen her laying in a casket, I tossed the cigs and have never had another urge, and I smoked on n off since I was 14, probably 10-12 years total. Mind over matter.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I smoked cigars and pipes for years. Stopped about 12 years ago, still get the urge sometimes to smoke. It's not easy to quit, but worth it.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I smoked at least a pack a day for over thirty years. After quitting dozens of times (anyone can do it!) I finally quit for good with nicotine patches and the help of a psychologist on New Year's Eve 1999. For quite a while, it smelled wonderful when I was around someone smoking a cigarette. Then, I never knew if it was gonna' smell wonderful or nauseate me. Now, it never smells good! It's tough, but well worth it.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not as easy as wanting it. Granted for some it is, others need more.

My dad also smoked for 50 years, we lost him last year and y'all want no part of what he went through. Hopefully, everyone that wants to quite here, finds a way to do it.
my dad died more or less from bladder cancer caused by smoking. I really do not want my last 6 months on earth to be as bad as his.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I have to admit smoking is one of those rights of passage I never got into. Back in the day I'd rather spend my money on Calvin's jeans than cigs. Lol Same result, I suppose. My money is gone and I don't have anything to show for buying those "designer" duds ... :lookaroun

Those jeans were really never for YOUR benefit were they? I always thought they were for ours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom