Lt. Governor Jari Askins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
isn't she from commanche? isn't stephens county one of if not the biggest welfare recipient county in ok. if so, she got her job and her climb to the top by bringing more entitlements home. i'm not saying she is a bad person just another politician pandering to the down-trodden.
i really think she is trying to make herself out to be conservative to gather a few of the independent and even some republican votes

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
isn't she from commanche? isn't stephens county one of if not the biggest welfare recipient county in ok. if so, she got her job and her climb to the top by bringing more entitlements home. i'm not saying she is a bad person just another politician pandering to the down-trodden.
i really think she is trying to make herself out to be conservative to gather a few of the independent and even some republican votes

Close ... she was born and raised in Duncan. Graduated a few years (4 or 5) before me.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least it's easy to find information on Mary Fallin, Askin's opponent for Governor. I have not checked to see if I agree with everything listed but at least it is there to look at. I never listen to what a politician says, I look at what they have done and how they have voted(actions speak louder than election rhetoric, promises, out & out lies). I don't want to have to find out after the election is over to find out the way the candidate voted/did things("We have to pass it to find out what is in it").

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Mary_Fallin.htm

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno ... Jari Askins' commercial touting that she did not vote for the bailouts in Washington kinda bugs me ... Of course she didn't vote ... she COULDN'T!!

I am a bit disappointed in her but she is, first and foremost, a politician.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to see a voting record from her. I know that alot of dems are talking about how they are against Obama, but they will vote with him as soon as they are elected. I have nothing against Askins as a person, but I would have to feel 100% that she would not be a vote for Obama before I could write her name in.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What we know that both candidates have in common is that they will toe the party line. So the question is, do you want a Governor who will check the Legislature and bend over to Washington, or do you want a Governor who will sign nearly anything that reaches her desk and stand up to Washington?

Latest posts

Top Bottom