Lt. Governor Jari Askins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What we know that both candidates have in common is that they will toe the party line. So the question is, do you want a Governor who will check the Legislature and bend over to Washington, or do you want a Governor who will sign nearly anything that reaches her desk and stand up to Washington?

Yeah, Fallin has a great record of standing up to Washington. Remember the TARP bailout? What was the logic there? "I've abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system," Pres. GW Bush's logic. She really stood up against that didn't she. She's a career politician that knows what to say and when. That's all. I'll vote for her, but only because I won't vote for Askins. I hate that she is my choice.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, Fallin has a great record of standing up to Washington.

My sarcasm didn't translate well. I forget to drop hints sometimes.

What really bugs me is that both candidates (and Lt. Gov. candidates, and Sup. candidates) agree that SQ744 is a good thing to do, but then say the timing isn't right. That just goes to show that no matter who you vote for, they have no problem turning over control of the State of Oklahoma to someone else.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Between now and November, I am really going to pay attention to any interview or debate with Fallin and or Askins. This is one election that just being a good old boy/girl ain't gonna cut it. They have to be the real thing or a close to it as possible(or better than the other candidate). Candidates are going to have to put the security and economy of the United States/Oklahoma above the political agendas/gains of their party or themselves. I just hope that self-serving politicians of both parties are shown the door and told to not the the door hit their backsides on their way out.

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What we know that both candidates have in common is that they will toe the party line. So the question is, do you want a Governor who will check the Legislature and bend over to Washington, or do you want a Governor who will sign nearly anything that reaches her desk and stand up to Washington?

This is especially why I will not vote Democrat anymore. Doesn't matter what they say, when it comes down to it, they will follow Washington. That is their future after becoming governor, and they want to look good for their national party.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Between now and November, I am really going to pay attention to any interview or debate with Fallin and or Askins. This is one election that just being a good old boy/girl ain't gonna cut it. They have to be the real thing or a close to it as possible(or better than the other candidate). Candidates are going to have to put the security and economy of the United States/Oklahoma above the political agendas/gains of their party or themselves. I just hope that self-serving politicians of both parties are shown the door and told to not the the door hit their backsides on their way out.

Sadly, IMO, we don't have that choice in the Gov's race this time. We get a choice of 2 career politicians that really know how to CYA, pass the buck, shift blame and misdirect. One has a (D) and the other has a (R) by the end of their name. One will tow the liberal line, the other will tow the rino line. You really don't have to waste your time with any research. If you more closely, or fully support the liberal agenda, vote Askins. If you more closely or fully support the rino agenda, vote Fallin. Regretfully I will vote Fallin, just because I can more closely identify with her rino agenda rather than the liberal agenda. All I know for sure is that on Nov. 3rd I won't like whoever wins the race.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is especially why I will not vote Democrat anymore. Doesn't matter what they say, when it comes down to it, they will follow Washington. That is their future after becoming governor, and they want to look good for their national party.

I agree 100%. Look at B.H. He needs a place in Washington and he will work for it. I would like to have another choice, but I don't. I will not vote Dem.

fordguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, IMO, we don't have that choice in the Gov's race this time. We get a choice of 2 career politicians that really know how to CYA, pass the buck, shift blame and misdirect. One has a (D) and the other has a (R) by the end of their name. One will tow the liberal line, the other will tow the rino line. You really don't have to waste your time with any research. If you more closely, or fully support the liberal agenda, vote Askins. If you more closely or fully support the rino agenda, vote Fallin. Regretfully I will vote Fallin, just because I can more closely identify with her rino agenda rather than the liberal agenda. All I know for sure is that on Nov. 3rd I won't like whoever wins the race.

I think you stated it very well...
I may not even cast a vote this time for governor, I will vote, I just may skip over the governors race.
I am really tired of career politicians, lesser of two evils, republican this, democrat that....republicans and democrats are what got us in this current condition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom