M-1 Garand for apocalypse rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im sure he means the 8 round En Bloc clips...yeah good luck finding any in a SHTF scenario.

You know GC I have hundreds loaded in the en blocs canned and ready to go. I think I will use the M1's and M1A's I have to take out the vehicles or perps at long range before they get to my house. Know what I mean? If all else fails with the amount of ammo I have for both types of rifles and I do have more than one of each, trust me, then I will use an AR platform in 556, but the first one will be a gas piston model if you will.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread. Only useful input I can make (and it may have already have been said) is that modern loadings in 30-06 are too high pressure for the Garand. That leaves milsurp, specially loaded garand ammo, and doing your own reloading. I would want something that "eats everything" in a weapon for armageddon, and I would want a bolt action .22 with a ton of ammo in addition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom