Medicare enrollment before Dec 7th. Additional plans, costs and penalties.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not if you're talking bout the same hospital stay as in this thread. You say you spent $11,000 in one year. :D Guess what.... with part F you'd paid nothing, with part G, it would've been a small fraction. Even with the premiums.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/medicare-part-c.288028/

We've been over this several times. You preach to people about Part C for whatever reason....realize that you are doing people a disservice.

You either read it wrong or I typed it wrong, I spent $1500 total for my hospital stay. Was going to be $4500 but they dropped $3000. A supplement was going to cost me over $235 a month.

I talk about Part C because it works for us. Maybe we just got on really good plans, maybe it has changed the last couple years (it has) but it works, has saved us money that we could not afford to pay and has taken good care of both of us. We get almost $200 a year in over the counter meds, free gym memberships, etc, etc, etc. They even sent me some frozen meals when I got out of the hospital but was to weak to cook. (most sucked)

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but don't forget if you neglect to sign up when you turn 65 when you do sign up you will have to pay for the years you were not on Medicare.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You either read it wrong or I typed it wrong, I spent $1500 total for my hospital stay. Was going to be $4500 but they dropped $3000. A supplement was going to cost me over $235 a month.

I talk about Part C because it works for us. Maybe we just got on really good plans, maybe it has changed the last couple years (it has) but it works, has saved us money that we could not afford to pay and has taken good care of both of us. We get almost $200 a year in over the counter meds, free gym memberships, etc, etc, etc. They even sent me some frozen meals when I got out of the hospital but was to weak to cook. (most sucked)

You need to get your story straight. You said $11,000 in post one of that thread. Supplements don't cost $265 a month when you turn 65, and that's the scope of the discussion in this thread.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but don't forget if you neglect to sign up when you turn 65 when you do sign up you will have to pay for the years you were not on Medicare.

Yes but I believe it’s for MedA only. You can delay MedB if still working & covered by your employer.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to get your story straight. You said $11,000 in post one of that thread. Supplements don't cost $265 a month when you turn 65, and that's the scope of the discussion in this thread.

Go read the post in the other thread again and then compare it to what I posted here. Old thread was the wife and I for the total year with several health issues for both of us. The $1500 was just talking about my hospital stay. As far as supplements, they quoted me $235 a month because I am not 65, and I do not believe THAT Girl is either and she is the main one I was providing info to.

Look, I get it, you do not like the Advantage plans, that is your business. I feel everyone should have all the info and decide for themselves. I am not trying to tell people that a supplement plan sucks. I AM telling them to look at all options not just the ones that will make somebody more money.

Folks, talk to a pro who is currently dealing with Medicare. Sign up for the plan that best fits your needs and budget.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife reminded me, that $3000 they did not end up charging us was included in the $11,000. So $8000 total last year.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife reminded me, that $3000 they did not end up charging us was included in the $11,000. So $8000 total last year.

How can this be when you said you PAID $11,000 previously?

Either way.... $265 x 12 = $3180 x 2 = $6360 Which looks like a lot less than $8000. Less money, less restrictions, and larger network..... no brainer. I make $0 in telling you this, just have a ton of experience working with people that got hosed by Advantage plans. A good number of people couldn't get off them, they were too sick. Like Trickormate said, there's little reason to get on them outside of being on fixed income.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on Global Generations Classic (HMO) whatever that is. Just spent 2 weeks in the hospital, and 3 weeks with home health. From what I can tell my only costs were $120.00 for my ER visit and $80.00 for two spec office visits. My premium is $0.00. Oh almost forgot $170.00 for pain meds that must have some kind of kickback to the Dr. Because they didn't work and are a pain to take. Little square things you have to stick on the inside of your mouth and let desolve. Pills are a whole lot easier.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on Global Generations Classic (HMO) whatever that is. Just spent 2 weeks in the hospital, and 3 weeks with home health. From what I can tell my only costs were $120.00 for my ER visit and $80.00 for two spec office visits. My premium is $0.00. Oh almost forgot $170.00 for pain meds that must have some kind of kickback to the Dr. Because they didn't work and are a pain to take. Little square things you have to stick on the inside of your mouth and let desolve. Pills are a whole lot easier.

Those squares, Belbuca? I tried those too. They didn't work for me either and they were damn expensive! $300 bucks worth expensive! Doctor explained they start at the lowest dosage and they have a large incremental dosage we could explore but they were too expensive for me.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya Belbuca, what a rip off. She started me out on a tinny dose 75 micro gram, takes a 5 milogram pill to do me any good. I didn't stick around long enough to go up on dosage figured I couldn't afford it either. Made it through the pain with some stuff I had left over from getting teeth pulled then went to pot.

I lied about what my hospital stay cost me. Received a $2000.00 bill today from Hillcrest. Insurance paid $129,000.00 so guess I still can't complain too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom