Michelle Obama’s warning to gun owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that if something changed and local PD started going door to door to collect firearms they'd have to invest a lot of money to get them.

"Knock Knock"

PD:Hi, we're here for your guns.
Citizen: Guns? What guns? I sold them all years ago.
PD: To who?
Citizen: I can't remember and I keep terrible records, I've been meaning to get better about it though. I know I really should.
PD: Can we come in and take a look?
Citizen: Do you have a warrant?
PD: Yep.

Gunfight...

More like, "The current administration has suspended the writ of habeas corpus, and we no longer need a search warrant for probable cause. We show that you have owned firearms at some point, which gives us probable cause."

Lincoln did this during the civil war, and let's not forget that Hussein Obama references Lincoln quite a bit.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want another war but I feel like it is going to be the only way to keep our freedoms. The antis are being relentless to strip our rights away. They will not stop until they have succeeded. And we cannot count on our senators and reps because they are part of the problem. Our government doesn't govern anymore, they rule. And the more people that follow them the more powerful they become. The more resistance they have the harder for them to get what they want. There are too many people that think nothing will ever happen. That is exactly the attitude that will cause us to lose everything. And I agree, sometimes blood has to be shed to make things better. If something does pass do you really believe that they will stop with that? They want an outright ban of all firearms. And they will keep pushing until they get it. As long as no one resists they have no one to stop them. Is keeping our freedom joy worth the risk of bloodshed? It is to me and millions of other Americans. If we don't fight then we are pissing on our forefathers and every soldier that has fought to preserve our rights.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rather than a door by door search with occasional gunfire, a far more likely outcome is what happened in Canada. And I consider Canadians to be far more "pro-government" than your average Americans. (I'm married to a Canadian so I've been "involved" with them for 30 years now.) But when Canada went to a long gun registry.... surprisingly large numbers of Canadians didn't comply. Then the whole thing got super expensive. And the government was forced to admit that it wasn't working right and was being ignored by many gun owners. It was one of the factors that resulted in the Left losing control of the government and bringing the Right back.

The gov't in Canada admitted that _at best_ 50% of the long guns in Canada made it into the registry. This active refusal to comply destroyed the legitimacy of the law. Like when the national speed limit was 55 MPH but people still drove 70 and rarely got stopped.

That's what I think would happen in the US if some type of national registration actually went into law. A whole lot fewer guns would be registered than everybody thought were in the US. If 90% registered, then the people who didn't would be seen as societal outcasts and many would be prosecuted over time. But if less than 50% of the guns were registered, it would be widely seen as an unjust law and actual prosecutions would be few. Consider it to be a Ghandi or MLK type of non-violent solution. Massive non-compliance.

Gregg

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want another war but I feel like it is going to be the only way to keep our freedoms. The antis are being relentless to strip our rights away. They will not stop until they have succeeded. And we cannot count on our senators and reps because they are part of the problem. Our government doesn't govern anymore, they rule. And the more people that follow them the more powerful they become. The more resistance they have the harder for them to get what they want. There are too many people that think nothing will ever happen. That is exactly the attitude that will cause us to lose everything. And I agree, sometimes blood has to be shed to make things better. If something does pass do you really believe that they will stop with that? They want an outright ban of all firearms. And they will keep pushing until they get it. As long as no one resists they have no one to stop them. Is keeping our freedom joy worth the risk of bloodshed? It is to me and millions of other Americans. If we don't fight then we are pissing on our forefathers and every soldier that has fought to preserve our rights.

I agree. And whats sad is the sheeple are either about to or already have surpassed real Americans in numbers to hit the voting polls. So I fear we will almost be helpless as we watch our rights be voted away by a generation of lazy people looking for a government to support them. Those type of citizens have no love or care for our freedoms & they are blind to the fact of how much of those freedoms they will lose once they are completely reliant on the government. It's truly sad to listen to some of the street interviews for people who vote for this kind of tyranny. They haven't a clue what would really happen if the government took total control all they hear is "free" something & vote for it. They don't value or care about our servicemen in active duty or that have laid down their lives to keep our freedoms. I have even heard them reference them as stupid for signing up for the military. Yet they sure do like to abuse the freedoms those people have paid for with their blood. It sickens me honestly.

I can say 100% for sure I'd fight for my freedoms & my family without a second thought. People can only be pushed so far & if they keep pushing us they are gonna awaken a monster they thought they had got rid of & thats American people willing to fight & die for their country & their rights against those who seek to oppress them. I guess it's been so long now they think people like this do not exists in our society anymore & people with that type of conviction do not exist anymore. They push too far it'll be a bloody & massive mistake on the government part cause I honestly believe a alarming number of Americans would take up arms. And I'd be willing to bet an alarming number of our military & police would also be willing to back our people. Those men & women did not sign up to oppress their own people, they took a oath to protect us from all threats, domestic & foreign. That includes our own corrupt government.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rather than a door by door search with occasional gunfire, a far more likely outcome is what happened in Canada. And I consider Canadians to be far more "pro-government" than your average Americans. (I'm married to a Canadian so I've been "involved" with them for 30 years now.) But when Canada went to a long gun registry.... surprisingly large numbers of Canadians didn't comply. Then the whole thing got super expensive. And the government was forced to admit that it wasn't working right and was being ignored by many gun owners. It was one of the factors that resulted in the Left losing control of the government and bringing the Right back.

The gov't in Canada admitted that _at best_ 50% of the long guns in Canada made it into the registry. This active refusal to comply destroyed the legitimacy of the law. Like when the national speed limit was 55 MPH but people still drove 70 and rarely got stopped.

That's what I think would happen in the US if some type of national registration actually went into law. A whole lot fewer guns would be registered than everybody thought were in the US. If 90% registered, then the people who didn't would be seen as societal outcasts and many would be prosecuted over time. But if less than 50% of the guns were registered, it would be widely seen as an unjust law and actual prosecutions would be few. Consider it to be a Ghandi or MLK type of non-violent solution. Massive non-compliance.

Gregg
#1. This ain't Canada. This is the US. Do you actually believe that our government is going to admit that they are wrong?? They never have in the past. The AWB didn't reduce crime but there is no way they are Nor have said that it didn't work. They make it sound like it was a great success. And this is the problem with our government. They are to concerned with themselves to give a rats rear about us. And they dang sure Aint gonna say they are wrong. But you may be right about how our government will go about getting our guns. A registry is what they want, among other things. And that leads to confiscation. But even If Americans did resist the government would never say, "oh this isn't working like we bought it would so let's do away with it". That will never happen.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Gregg

I agree with this approach. Stops signs work only because the people have decided that they should stop when they see one.
If everyone decided to just slow down instead, there is no way that stop sign law could be enforced. Government ultimately only works with the consent of the governed

But there are things we need to be actively doing now before it gets to this point. First we need to speak out as solid citizens and firearms owners. We must not let the media and anti's make us into lepers as Attorney General Holder has said is his objective. We are neighbors, business owners, educators, doctors, housewives. etc. Firearms ownership by responsible citizens is a good thing. I am proud to be a gun owner. Firearms ownership is a natural right and one for which we refuse to accept further restriction by the government.

Latest posts

Top Bottom