Mine Shaft Lion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was ridiculous. Were they stoned or just plain bad shots?

Those guys aren't long for this world if they can't shoot any better than that.
ya ,i bet you're a dead shot marksman after running up and down mountains chasing dogs and then having a 180lb cat run up your ass.some people have no clue:thumbup3:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a trapper, it amazes me how many people can mess up a shot at a coyote or bobcat in a trap and not kill it with one shot when they are standing right over it. They get excited and wound it time after time. I am sure this was much worse than that and it would take a cool head to make a sure shot under those circumstances.

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Adrennaline, Heart Beat, and just plain GUTS all take a factor in shot-placement in a situation like that!!!! Not speaking from experience, but from feelings on other hunts, and yes...........They all Have Balls of some Metallic Content. :yikes2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know from having discussions on this board, and having taken many big/small game animals, its nearly impossible to instantly kill an animal unless they have been shot in the central nervous system. I've seen deer run 50 yds with their heart total mush.
Shot a boar that weighed over 200lbs, running with a 30-06, and hit it in the spine above the back legs. He still charged me using his front legs only. Its amazing how fast they can move using just the front. Took a shot to the head with a .44 mag to stop him.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW! Talk about scary stuff.

What a beautiful animal too. Don't know that I would ever hunt a ML. However, if one was on me or mine, I would sure cap it. :)

That Leopard vid is sick as well. That thing was fast and even had a broken leg. DANG!

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why did he stop shooting? I wasn't there so I only speculate, but I think I'd have kept pulling the trigger till Tigger quit wiggling. 'course my buddies would make me walk back to camp, cause I'd have p!ssed down my left leg and **** down the right just going into that mine, even if it didn't have a lion in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom