Missed the Air Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went yesterday at about 10am. We waited an hour in the car line to get to a parking spot. Then we got to the line for security. It was 3 1/2 hours.

We left. They really need to either do something to make that security check more efficient, limit tickets or actually charge for tickets.

The entry is an unacceptable shitshow.
Reports like this kept me from going

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surprisingly most of the people I heard from got there early and didnt have issues getting in. That thing has to be a logistics nightmare, starting Thursday during their practice they blocked off access from one side of the base to the other. The facilities in the "Box" were evacuated during these times as well.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have like to have gone but with the heat, crowds and lines we decided to watch it on the internet. I've participated in a lot of air shows so it isn't a big deal to be there in person.
However, the air show has been a financial bonus for Midwest City and the surrounding area.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't really mention why we didn't get to see the show. We are still in Rhode Island with our Summer work job, but we hope to finish the last certification tomorrow morning (provided the roads are dry) and head back towards Oklahoma right after. It's a good 3 day drive back.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went today. Bumper to bumper on i40 to parking lot was around 30 min. Waited to get through security for another 45 min. Not bad.

I grew up during the Aerospace America days . What a show that was….. performances from 10am till end of the day. Tinker has great performances… just not many of them .

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time we went was 10+ years ago and really enjoyed it. Got to tour the buildings also.

Like you, it has been quite a while since me and the then boyfriend took the kids. It was a GREAT time. The boyfriend was a Army brat who was quite the geek when it came to planes and the USAF in general. The kids thought it was the best thing since Skippy Peanut Butter. I enjoyed the history surrounding everything but DAMN I was ready to go home at the end of the day ... 😂😂

Raptor62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While we were unable to see the air show, I stumbled across this today on YouTube.

I can't even imagine the daunting task of coordinating all those planes in that Pearl Harbor reenactment.

We just parked on 29th street. I don't have the legs for walking around the displays like I used to.
EZ9_4173.jpg

EZ9_3719_1.jpg

EZ9_4009.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom