Monarch Ammo, bad stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

blacklabelmongo

Learned my lesson on using lower cost ammo today at the range with my AR. The bullet end was lodged 1/2" forward keeping the following round to seat and fire, thank god it didn't go further up or I could have some more serious problems...

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot Monarch once through my AR....it turned it in to a paperweight. I experienced very bad bullet setback due to poor neck tension, that and it just wouldn't cycle.

B

blacklabelmongo

Well I might be dealing with the same problem, since getting the bullet from being lodged, it wont let the bolt fully seat with a round in. What am I looking at here a damaged barrel or bolt assembly?

B

blacklabelmongo

I mean I have read the possibility of bad cam pin wear and such, but everything turns smooth to engage with no rounds in it leading me to think there is a burr in the barrel or something preventing the round to seat 100% properly and not let the bolt fully shut...

B

blacklabelmongo

Are you 'walking' the charging handle forward or are you letting the BCG pick up a round in the magazine and it still wont chamber?

Both. It seems if I try and load it from the mag slowly from the charging handle it wants to bind up for a moment, I even slid the round in from the back side with the upper removed from the lower and sliding the carrier in. I can swear once it locked all the way in place w a round in it, but once I put the upper back on and tried again I was back to square one. <shrugs>

Latest posts

Top Bottom