Monarch Ammo, bad stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about ammo for semis but I know I won't trust it for a revolver. I don't think my SW9VE would have any problem with but I still don't plan on buying any more . I only have 7 more rounds of the Monarch 158gr 38sp and then as I stated I am done with them. Been using Blazer and so far no problems. I can not afford the really expensive SD ammo. So I buy what I can afford. And if I do have a ammo malfunction I would rather it be at the range and not where it is my mine or my families lives are at stake. It just seems disturbing that a ammo manufacturer would not make sure their ammo was in better condition seeing how it could be someones life on the line.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't use commercial 223 hunting ammo either, bullet setback leads to over pressure and Kabooms. A few guys in my rifle class that ran wolf and monarch the polymer coated and zinc plated stuff a couple of years ago didn't have any major issues.

Silly question is the rifle lubed, and I mean really well lubed?

If you are new to the AR platform one word of advice is keep it wet. They like being oily even more than they like being clean.

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have run thousands and thousands of both steel cased and brass cased monarch through everything i own. Kahr 9mm, AK, LCP, Mosin, Makarov, P89 etc. no problems ever...

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Moral of the story:

Buy something other than monarch ammo if you want your AR to function.
Buy something other than an AR if you want your monarch ammo to function.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot Monarch in my AR, AK, Golani, my FN FAL clone and have never had a problem. Just shoot the last Practical Rifle match with Monarch. No problems here.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot a group a couple of weeks ago for a pic on here. The stuff runs OK on my rig. But groups for feces. I let people use it when i don't think they are going to hit anything. Trigger time for them and cheap for me. Some people don't appreciate ammo costs.. I would not run it in anything that is match chambered, but it still goes bang:-)

B

blacklabelmongo

The only thing I can figure is a few rounds that I happened to grab out of the box of 20 had damage on the casing/bullet joint because I cleaned it well, oiled it even more, and it finally seated the bolt fully. I loaded the remaining 60 rounds into two mags today and fired it at the range without a single problem. Must have just been a real fluke deal. I definitely plan on running better ammo from this point out, but felt a huge relief that whatever the issue was is resolved.. I appreciate all the feedback guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom