Monarch Ammo, bad stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I been lucky so far, I guess I put probably shot 3k to 4k rds of the stuff through my SR9. I have been shooting it through my Sig556 and M&P15 as well, but you never know about cheap ammo.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, there are much better deals on reloadable brass cased 5.56 than Monarch/PPU, such as Lake City and Federal XM193. However, Monarch is the best deal going for .30-30. It is way cheaper than anything else, it shoots great, and it is reloadable.

Also, they don't have it at Academy under their Monarch label, but my next case of 7.62x51 will be Prvi Partizan. It only costs a couple cents more per round than surplus, but it is reloadable.

Now if Academy/Monarch were to start selling that PPU 7.62x51 for anywhere near the current online going rate, it would make my day. I would love to be able to buy my ammo locally at a good price instead of having to mail order it and pay shipping. Their price on .30-30 is better than any online deal, so I know it can be done. But unfortunately so far the only .308 they sell is steel case Russian stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom