Morels 2020

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any of y'all tried to teach a dog to help find 'em?
___
It could be done. One would need to train for the dog to sit or indicate without touching. I would think even the most soft mouthed dog would damage some of the morels.

I think the retriever drive is to strong in mine. He stays pretty busy with all of the work I have him doing already.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could be done. One would need to train for the dog to sit or indicate without touching. I would think even the most soft mouthed dog would damage some of the morels.

I think the retriever drive is to strong in mine. He stays pretty busy with all of the work I have him doing already.
His shed work is what made me ask. :D
___

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found about a third of a Walmart bag here around the campground at Keystone.
Never ate any. Guess I'll try grilling some this evening. Butter and salt is all i have to season with.
Congrats! If you're having steaks or burgers, just saute the morels in butter then put on top. Shouldn't even need the salt! Just as good this way as rolled in cornmeal and fried.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found about a third of a Walmart bag here around the campground at Keystone.
Never ate any. Guess I'll try grilling some this evening. Butter and salt is all i have to season with.
Do you have a skillet to use on grill? Might be able to use layered heavy foil. I have had fried and sauteed. I don't know how they would do grilled.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a huge mushroom fan so i think I'll cook one in a foil pouch just to see what the fuss is. There was a recipe on internet that used this method. "BBQ Grilled Morels " or something like that.

Have to wait until I get home to try frying. Not equipped for that here at the lake.

ETA: if i don't like them I'll try to trade the rest for ammo lol.
Wife won't touch a mushroom no matter how it's cooked

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How long will the morel season last? I have been out twice now looking including yesterday. Have a three mile long area I check. Most is river bottom land and some hillier woodlands boarding a cattle pasture with lots of natural fertilizer. Have seen no spring mushrooms let alone morels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom