Most Common Gun for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Ruger LCR snub .38 and while it is excellent as far as concealment,... I can't hit the broadside of a barn with it. I know several people that carry these and assume they are the most popular to carry,... but not for me.

Champion size 1911 for me. I have zero confidence I will hit my target with the LCR and positive that the 1911 will.

I guess a snubbie or some sort of .380 like the PPK or Kel-Tek models are the most 'purchased' for concealed carry.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We shouldn't forget about all the small 25 autos out there. I would think there are lots of folks out there carrying the small handguns their mom and dad handed down to them. Not everyone went out and bought a new gun when concealed carry was passed.

Michael

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We shouldn't forget about all the small 25 autos out there. I would think there are lots of folks out there carrying the small handguns their mom and dad handed down to them. Not everyone went out and bought a new gun when concealed carry was passed.

Michael

For real? .25 autos?

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For real? .25 autos?
I'm not talking about gun nuts like us. But yes, you might be surprised at what you would find if you looked in the purse of many white haired old ladies. Hell at one time before all this CCW stuff I was known to carry a top break H&R pocket revolver in 32 caliber.

Michael

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not talking about gun nuts like us. But yes, you might be surprised at what you would find if you looked in the purse of many white haired old ladies. Hell at one time before all this CCW stuff I was known to carry a top break H&R pocket revolver in 32 caliber.

Michael

Funny you mention this,... yesterday our family got together for a baby shower. All the guys got in the truck and drove to the creek bed and we had a target shooting party. I brought 2 of my 1911's, my bro-in law brought his AR-15, my nephew brought his Walther PPK,.... my father-in-law whips out this piece of scrap metal that apparently shot a .22 short. It was like a small shoehorn welded to a piece of 3/8" tubing. It was cool and all but we were not about to shoot that thing. I'll gladly shoot my 1911's I bought and the 1911's my dad handed down to me,... I'm just going to keep the old soldiers in the safe and not carry them.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just look what ammo is the hardest to find, most common CCW in OK has to be compact .380s Just look how much the price of .380 ammo has went up since the intoduction of the LCP and the election of Obummer...

Latest posts

Top Bottom