Most fun Motorcycle you have ever riden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come to think of it, the owner of the MC shop out in Oceanside let me borrow one of his bikes while he was putting a pipe on mine once. I don't know what it was but it had some little two-stroke motor in it and was built like a cafe racer. MAN that thing was peppy! Fun little bike to tool around from stoplight to stoplight with.

mprvise

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most fun in the twisties and for at-will wheelies? My old 2003 R1 (sold it last year - replaced by a Super Tenere, not quite as fun but way more comfortable).

Most fun in town and off road? The DRZ400S I used to own. Man, what a hoot. I sold it because I was either going to get hurt or go to jail eventually. :burnout:

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hearing some of you guys going old school on this thread made me remember my first bike. It was a 1979 Yahama DT100. My best friend and I had matching bikes. The stories those bikes could tell. It is the bike that taught me not to shift from 2nd to 3rd gear while riding a wheelie. That was a long push home. It still makes me smile though.

OkieGentleman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Chief Sapulpa After being accused of being full of it by you, I found out I might be in fact full of it. After checking the internet and looking at a dozen different speedometers for Enfields I found only one that showed 160 KPH/ 100 MPH. Maybe the memory is bad, but I still swear that speedometer went almost to 200 MPH. My friend told me that it was some sort of courier bike from WWII that was set up for high speed runs by military couriers. And now I am not even sure of that memory. It was only a small stroke, I did not think I lost that much memory. I did like the BS meter though.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1968 I was 16 and had been riding a Honda 90. Mom's cousin pulled into the drive with his 66 Bonneville 650. When he went into the house for a visit he tossed me the key and said "don't wreck it". First time I ever did over 100mph on 2 wheels!!!!!!!!!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1978 BMW R100/7. It is a real motorcycle. No electronics to speak of, just really simple power.

You da man! I have one of those, a '77 model. Great old machine. It's currently in lots of pieces and eventually will be some sort of cafe/track bike. Also have a '78 R100RS and a '71 R50/5. My bro and I co-own the 500.

Latest posts

Top Bottom