Moving Forward in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm saying this as a member of an evangelical holiness denomination and the husband of a children's pastor:

If the only reason you're criminalizing an act between two or more consenting adults, or denying the human rights of two adults, is because of what your holy book says, you're wrong. What's written in your holy book cannot be the basis of laws in this country as our Constitution is currently designed.

To criminalize a behavior, there must be a victim of that behavior. Society is not harmed by gay marriage. Get past the "OMG!" of it, and really examine the people who want to get married. Look at their relationships. Some couples have been together for decades in a loving, committed relationship that is a marriage in every sense of the word except legal. Why block that?

Jesus Christ didn't run to Caesar and ask him to make His people stop sinning. Christ never said, "That's against man's law." He never tried to imprison anyone for a violation of God's laws. If we're going to invoke Christianity to "deal" with gay marriage, shouldn't we follow Christ's example?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BS EZ and I think you know it. The bible and many of the Christian religions to tell Christians to go forth and multiply in clear specific terms which I posted. What part of that do you not understand?

None of what you posted backs up what you said in this post:

the reason being gay is prohibited in the bible is because they wanted Christian men and women to have children thus making more Christians.

You clearly don't understand what is written in the bible and I really wish you'd top trying to convince me that you do (it's getting embarrassing for you). Let's be honest - this was only supposed to be a clever snide quip at Christian conservatives to prove to the world that you don't just sit in your dungeon and watch Fox News all day. You got it wrong and now you're trying to convince us otherwise.

Being gay isn't prohibited in the bible BTW - only sexual immorality or lusting after someone you aren't married to (and yes, biblically speaking marriage is between a man and a woman). You can be attracted to or not attracted to anyone you want, it's with the sexual behavior part that scripture prohibits specific acts (I know Gay seminary profs that are essentially celebate, yet open about their views on not being attracted to women). I don't know who "They" are in your post, but Christianity wasn't even in existence when Levitical (and previous if you count a few of the marriage scriptures) laws were given to man.

The reasoning behind abstaining from impure thoughts/acts with someone who isn't your spouse wasn't "because they wanted Christian men and women to have children thus making more Christians". To state this as if you actually have a shred of conceptual understanding of biblical theology is yet again proof that your are irrelevant on the Internet.

Trying to use these statements:
Genesis 1:28, God told Adam and Eve to “be fruitful and multiply”.
The bible and many of the Christian religions to tell Christians to go forth and multiply in clear specific terms which I posted.

To prove this statement:
the reason being gay is prohibited in the bible is because they wanted Christian men and women to have children thus making more Christians.

Makes as much fallible logical sense as any of your political arguments. Feel free to keep telling me about my religion that you don't understand and calling folks out for the same level of zealotry. The hypocrisy is almost as awesome as the irony.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None of what you posted backs up what you said in this post:

You clearly don't understand what is written in the bible and I really wish you'd top trying to convince me that you do (it's getting embarrassing for you). Let's be honest - this was only supposed to be a clever snide quip at Christian conservatives to prove to the world that you don't just sit in your dungeon and watch Fox News all day. You got it wrong and now you're trying to convince us otherwise.

Being gay isn't prohibited in the bible BTW - only sexual immorality or lusting after someone you aren't married to (and yes, biblically speaking marriage is between a man and a woman). You can be attracted to or not attracted to anyone you want, it's with the sexual behavior part that scripture prohibits specific acts (I know Gay seminary profs that are essentially celebate, yet open about their views on not being attracted to women). I don't know who "They" are in your post, but Christianity wasn't even in existence when Levitical (and previous if you count a few of the marriage scriptures) laws were given to man.

The reasoning behind abstaining from impure thoughts/acts with someone who isn't your spouse wasn't "because they wanted Christian men and women to have children thus making more Christians". To state this as if you actually have a shred of conceptual understanding of biblical theology is yet again proof that your are irrelevant on the Internet.

Trying to use these statements:

To prove this statement:

Makes as much fallible logical sense as any of your political arguments. Feel free to keep telling me about my religion that you don't understand and calling folks out for the same level of zealotry. The hypocrisy is almost as awesome as the irony.

So in your opinion "Genesis 1:28, God told Adam and Eve to “be fruitful and multiply”. means God is telling Christians to go forth and create atheist? I freely admit to not being an expert on religion but that makes no sense and contradicts everything I have ever heard from my Catholics family members, my late father who was a Deacon in the Baptist church (and gay, well bi) and my wife who is a member of her churches Diaconate.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So in your opinion "Genesis 1:28, God told Adam and Eve to “be fruitful and multiply”. means God is telling Christians to go forth and create atheist? I freely admit to not being an expert on religion but that makes no sense and contradicts everything I have ever heard from my Catholics family members, my late father who was a Deacon in the Baptist church (and gay, well bi) and my wife who is a member of her churches Diaconate.

Strawman rape is not as uncommon on here as I'd hoped. You really F!@#ed that one up. I don't know what the strawman equivelent to hearing banjo music is, but we can all rest assured that that particular strawman is hearing "You sure do got a purdy mouth" in RickN's voice.

Holy crap. What you don't understand could fill the pages of a book much larger than the bible.

So if something is not Christian, it's automatically atheist? Those are the only two choices in black and white RickN world? No other religions (even represented in the bible)?

Just say no to Strawman Rape. No means no.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was a lot more fun when we were talkin' about feather arranging, two spirited Indians, and men acting repulsed at sex with another man because they want to control women. Danny... where are you?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom