Mule Team 13 (ELMAX) is available for limited time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd definitely be into making the sheath myself. I've never messed with kydex before so I'm sure I'll have to scrap the first try before i get it just right.
Doesn't seem too bad though from your description. I might have to order a couple small sheets to play around with. Do you have a good source for it or should i just get some from knifekits.com?

for smaller pieces, knife kits is good. You can order one of their sheets or for a few bucks more, you can get one of their sheath kits (with the loop and rivets). The cool thing about kydex is that it's very forgiving.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful if you sand down the edges after it's been put together - I got some media from my sandpaper down inside mine and scratched the blade a little (completely forgot about that - it has been a while now since I made a sheath though). With the rain, I didn't want to keep going out to the workshop and tracking mud back and forth, so I still need to do some work with it, but here it is (it's OD Green even though you can hardly tell from the pics due to the bad florescent lighting):

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_DSCN7059.jpg

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_DSCN7057.jpg

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_DSCN7061.jpg

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I received the knife and the G-10 blanks the same day and have been working on them a little at a time. (My 9 month old dictates how much I get to play in the garage)
I ordered the black/blue but I received the black/gray. I'm not complaining though because the black/gray will match perfectly with the Benchmade 950 rift I have so that's a plus.

Anywho, I'm a moron and didn't take any before pics but I'm not done yet so as soon as I find the camera I'll start taking pics of where I'm at right now and show the finished product if it's not too embarassing :)

Oh, and EZ... When my wife yells at me for spending too much time in the garage and too much money on knives, I'm sending her your way. Have fun with it :D

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received the knife and the G-10 blanks the same day and have been working on them a little at a time. (My 9 month old dictates how much I get to play in the garage)
I ordered the black/blue but I received the black/gray. I'm not complaining though because the black/gray will match perfectly with the Benchmade 950 rift I have so that's a plus.

Anywho, I'm a moron and didn't take any before pics but I'm not done yet so as soon as I find the camera I'll start taking pics of where I'm at right now and show the finished product if it's not too embarassing :)

Oh, and EZ... When my wife yells at me for spending too much time in the garage and too much money on knives, I'm sending her your way. Have fun with it :D

Heh heh. What do you think I'm going through right now? :D

I have two sprint-runs on order, and had to justify the Sebenza last month. Yesterday, I pulled the trigger on one of my grail knives (Galyean Pro Series Junkyard Dog small).

Having this Mule Team and a Lone Wolf Landslide show up in the mail isn't helping matters any either. I keep saying "At least it's not guns", but my wife's not buying it :)

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mule Team 14 is coming out soon.

Steel is CTS-204P Which is Carpenter's version of Bohler's M390 or Crucible's 20CV.

Don't have a price yet, but there are rumblings that a release date will make itself known soon and the steel has been at Spyderco's facility in Golden, CO for a little while now, so it shouldn't be too long now.

Should be a good chance to try a Super-Steel on a budget (as are all Mule Teams). I'm probably going to pass on this one since I'm just about maxed on fixed-blades (and trying desperately to preserve what little I have left in the PayPal account for the upcoming Techno), but it is well worth it if you're looking for a smaller fixed-blade for self-defense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom