Multiple shooting Victims at Lake Hefner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My own thoughts are, he didn't express any violent tendencies, but he did mention "in passing" thinking about suicide.

Hell, so have I, at times in my life, though never in a serious sense, and never really felt like I wanted to do it.

Does that make me a nutball? Should someone come take my f***ing guns away? Because I was depressed and despondent at times, but had no real intention to hurt myself or anyone else? Hell, man... who the hell else has NEVER ONCE IN THEIR LIFE had the thought of suicide come into their brain? Even if you immediately reject it? Is that grounds for the suspension of your natural rights???

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stepping back and taking a look at this shooting from another angle...It should make any thinking person wonder how effective requiring a mental health screening or assessments is going to be in "keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous people". Here we had an CLEET trained/certified armed security guard with serious mental health problems, begging for help and seemingly not a thing was done. It is enough to make you think that calls for mental health checks for gun purchasers is purely political feel-good pandering.
And he had to pass the mmpi test to get the cleet license

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
While it has been a while since this thread was started, and I've slept since then, isn't there just the slight chance that this perpetrator was looking for "suicide by cop?"
If that was the case shouldn't he have went and shot up a police station!!!! Dude was mental!! Who know what he was thinking!!!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If that was the case shouldn't he have went and shot up a police station!!!! Dude was mental!! Who know what he was thinking!!!
I was also thinking this was a suicide mission. He was trained but killed no one, and seemed to go in a little under armed if he wanted to kill several people. His first contact with resistance and he still didn't hit any one before he was shot. Just seems was underplayed for a mass killer scenerio

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until our Future Crimes Division gets up and running, we might have to choose between taking someone's liberty who hasn't done anything yet (and may never), but who makes us feel "hinky", or wait until they actually do something and live with the consequences.

The problem here is that one is not “guilty” until after the crime. I forgot the name of the movie, but I bet lefties watch that and say “yeah! That’s a great idea!”

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eric’s pharmacy here in Shawnee has a sign like this. Also has an NRA sticker on the door. I doubt there will ever be a robbery there.
It's amazing how many other businesses don't have this mindset. They and/or their insurance companies think this will protect them from a civil suit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom