Multiple shooting Victims at Lake Hefner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the point that has been missed is a man slipped through the cracks and attempted to kill innocent bystanders. Luckily the victims will live to talk about it!! Fellow human being lost his life do to mental health issues, another man is having to deal with having shot said person!! Nothing remotely funny about this subject!!
Indeed. But, as is usual around here, things occasionally go off-topic.

None of my jokes/wisecracks were meant to belittle the shooting in any way. Apologies if I offended anyone. :drunk2:

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I saw on the one video (all I had time to watch) he exhibited absolutely classic signs of completely untreated schizophrenia, although illicit drug abuse can do the same - they are often so comorbid as to be nearly indistinguishable. Latent schizophrenia would also quite easily explain how he was able to pass CLEET certification.

Lots of people immediately jump on the bandwagon of blaming mental health meds, yet actually know or understand very little about how and why they work, what they do, what the actual side effects are and the incidence and severity of those side effects. So can you clarify what exactly led you to this conclusion? As well as your direct experience with people in this state? I'm not talking about reading some internet blogs, but truly what experience do you have to make you believe this?

Jus' sayin'. Because the symptoms I personally observed from the video aren't side effects of ANY mental health medication that I know of or have experience with. :D Don't get me wrong... there can be side effects. But from what little I observed, I would disagree with your "guess" exactly 100%. So, please, point out to me exactly what "side effects gone wrong" you specifically observed that could be directly attributable to "some type of meds at sometime in his life"? Or were you talking about Tylenol or Nyquil or something? Maybe I completely misunderstood when I assumed you meant mental health meds? I'm certainly susceptible to my own selection bias from direct experience.
It was just a guess. When and if more info comes out I may take another guess. I didn't say anything about mental health meds. You may be right that a diagnosable medical condition may be the dudes problem and also most any kind of help usually has meds in it. The condition can change with meds being changed and chasing a solution with on and off episodes of some types of Schizophrenia. All I was saying that watching the video he has been like this for some time and I am pretty sure the guy has been on some kind of medication for what its worth even if its a guess.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"See something, say something" suffers another defeat in this case with both the FBI and OCPD receiving info on the shooter well before he went fully haywire at Louie's on the Lake.

Louie's shooter investigated by FBI

The Gayly handed over documents to OKCPD on OKC shooter in January

These additional pieces of info further buttress the argument that only you are ultimately responsible for your own safety and you better choose well how you intend to do that. You certainly can't depend on the kindness of strangers to resolve the situation.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
"See something, say something" suffers another defeat in this case with both the FBI and OCPD receiving info on the shooter well before he went fully haywire at Louie's on the Lake.

Louie's shooter investigated by FBI

The Gayly handed over documents to OKCPD on OKC shooter in January

These additional pieces of info further buttress the argument that only you are ultimately responsible for your own safety and you better choose well how you intend to do that. You certainly can't depend on the kindness of strangers to resolve the situation.
Yes he was acting nutty but he made no threats of violence so the FBI could not get involved. The nut job was only using his 1st A right...nothing more.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes he was acting nutty but he made no threats of violence so the FBI could not get involved. The nut job was only using his 1st A right...nothing more.

Exactly my point, after a fashion, since most of us value the 1A in the same vein as the 2A. We want the government to have that kind of prior restraint, lest we have the Soviet-style gulags for improper speech. There can be lots of "seeing and saying" yet the perceived "threat" is only that, perceived with no actual threats. The trouble is that the mental illness route does not ensure a stop-off to actually voice a threat that is actionable by government that precludes violent action. That's why free people take their personal security personally rather than corporately.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Exactly my point, after a fashion, since most of us value the 1A in the same vein as the 2A. We want the government to have that kind of prior restraint, lest we have the Soviet-style gulags for improper speech. There can be lots of "seeing and saying" yet the perceived "threat" is only that, perceived with no actual threats. The trouble is that the mental illness route does not ensure a stop-off to actually voice a threat that is actionable by government that precludes violent action. That's why free people take their personal security personally rather than corporately.
I dont ever want the government to be able to dictate who is "mentally ill" from a FB post or otherwise.
Freedom isnt free.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was saying he needed help, but I'm guessing there are no walk-in clinics that would take him seriously or really take him in for real treatment....?

Latest posts

Top Bottom