Must-dos in DC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do not step one foot off the tourist path.

I saw a short-cut once and was a magnet for the kinda crap everyone fears. I quickly turned it around.

michaeld

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try to get the tour from your senator or congressmens office - its pretty good
National Archive building interior is the coolest
Supreme Court, Lincoln (extremely cool in person), Jefferson, really all the stuff is great to see.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and hold up money and take pics with the monument on the money.

cdn.theatlantic.com_static_mt_assets_politics_assets_c_2011_078b6cd3b4ca33691d70ec44ad5b084c13.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
changing of the guard really meant a lot to me even as an 11 year old kid. i thought mount vernon was pretty cool and of course the air and space museum.
we spent a whole night looking out of our hotel window watching hookers get picked up and then dropped back off every 30 minutes or so, that was damn entertaining for a kid from enid,oklahoma

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LEAVE before the water turns you!!!

No really Archives, Smithsonian (you could spend a whole month and not see all the good stuff), Monuments, Arlington, Zoo's pretty good, Supreme Court watching, FBI building tour, Capital Building, Viet Nam and WWII Memorials.

I'm a kid from Enid too!

OldCurlyWolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the DC area for work for the next 2 weekends. What are some must do while I'm here? I wanna see the memorials and hit a ball game but other than that i don't know what else to do. No car so I have to use public transportation.

I doubt I get another opportunity to be here for several years so wanna take in all I can.

Don't set foot inside the limits of the district. Their laws are draconian. Even pepper spray is a serious criminal charge if you are not a resident.

Latest posts

Top Bottom