My Pastor's Take on Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That appears to be a baited conversation. I'm not going to engage you in a public forum that will make both of us looks like goobers. I'm not asking for an argument; I don't enjoy debate. And this is certainly not the place for that.

I'd invite you to send me an email or PM if you'd like to continue in a private discussion.

No thanks. I already know the answers.

We have about as much free will to choose to believe as we do to not sin (ie,none). :)

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The problem isn't that following God doesn't bring blessings. The problem is equating wealth and blessings. Blessings come in many forms, and not every rich person is blessed, and not every poor person isn't. Also, God promised us trouble if we follow him, doesn't mean we aren't blessed just because we have trouble.

I tell ya, I'm in a crummy apartment, trying to make ends meet, and protecting my property from the local thieves, and striving to keep my family safe. And yet, when I look at my life, having an awesome wife, a wonderful daughter, and great co-workers who I can go to to talk and pray with, I truly have come to believe that I am God's favorite person. I am amazingly blessed.

best post in the thread... you have a great understanding of the bible, some people go their whole lives never understanding the concept that money is not the only blessing in life...

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We look at things real time and how it effects us. We look at things like, "I'm not as bad as that guy". God looks at things eternally. There may be one person who was blessed even accidentally by the corrupt person's success. What is one soul worth? Often people look at blessings as being just money. I'm blessed beyond belief but when some others look at it, they may see my little house and small bank account and think "poor Christian". You may see what outwardly appears to be the blessing of corruption, but there is more to the story that you don't know. Even if it's eternally.

It's not about what's fair and what's not. God isn't always what we consider "fair". He is alway right and just. If He were "fair", we'd all go to hell.

Because a 6 year old with terminal cancer deserves it.

There are many reasons to doubt the existence of a god. In many ways I hope he does not exist because if he does exist and is all powerful, letting horrible things happen to children, he is an a-hole. Sorry if it steps on some toes but I too am struggling on what specifically I believe just like everyone else.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because a 6 year old with terminal cancer deserves it.

There are many reasons to doubt the existence of a god. In many ways I hope he does not exist because if he does exist and is all powerful, letting horrible things happen to children, he is an a-hole. Sorry if it steps on some toes but I too am struggling on what specifically I believe just like everyone else.

And this is why belief-based salvation is not an equal opportunity, opportunity. Despite something like this, fundamentalists will still tell you, you must believe to be saved and completely ignore the circumstances surrounding a persons ability to believe. It's not a fair system and yet we all pay the equal penalty of eternal torment for our lack of belief, despite the stumbling blocks placed in our path. That's love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom