Need a little help w/ cases sticking in the resizing die

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furious_George

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think shadowrider has it right. I've tested almost every kind of lube out there (well for cases anyhow). Imperial and Hornady Unique are about the best you can buy. None of the aerosol lubes have given me any luck. I've had many cases incredibly hard to remove from the die and a few stuck cases. I'd give it a try, It's only a few bucks. I've also heard that the Mink Oil paste (shoe polish) you get at WalMart is exactly the same thing as Hornady Unique. I'd probably start with that since you can just get it for about $3 on your next trip to the store.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's your lube. Hornady One Shot aerosol lube in notorious for sticking bottle neck rifle cases. It works great for straight pistol cases being sized in carbide dies and that's about it.

Like I said before get some of this:

amedia.midwayusa.com_productimages_medium_519_519525.jpg

and you won't ever stick another case.

I will give it a try. Where can I pick it up at?

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have'nt stuck a case since i swithed to the rcbs stuff. Works good even when reforming cases. When i was using that lee crap if i lubed more than 4 or 5 cases i'd stick one.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

It's your lube. Hornady One Shot aerosol lube in notorious for sticking bottle neck rifle cases. It works great for straight pistol cases being sized in carbide dies and that's about it.

Like I said before get some of this:

amedia.midwayusa.com_productimages_medium_519_519525.jpg

and you won't ever stick another case.

+1, Redding Imperial Sizing Die Wax absolutely rules...

Good luck,

Alan

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus many on the imperial sizing die wax. If I have a die that is getting a little rough, I take the insert out, chuck the die in the lathe and use a piece of scotchbrite pad on the end of a small wooden dowell to polish the die internally. I have taken old steel dies with scratches in them and recovered them with this method. If you don't have a lathe, you can use a drill to hold the dowell and spin it in the die that way. I usually use a thin oil when doing the polishing. Blitzfike

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plus many on the imperial sizing die wax. If I have a die that is getting a little rough, I take the insert out, chuck the die in the lathe and use a piece of scotchbrite pad on the end of a small wooden dowell to polish the die internally. I have taken old steel dies with scratches in them and recovered them with this method. If you don't have a lathe, you can use a drill to hold the dowell and spin it in the die that way. I usually use a thin oil when doing the polishing. Blitzfike

Just a piece of scotchbrite? Dry?

Latest posts

Top Bottom